Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. One of four of in the Cartesian coordinate system
9. One conductor in a flexible cable
11. Global System for Mobile Communications
13. Computer Assisted Design and Development
14. Ham's code for "Answer in prearranged order."
16. Large unit of apparent power
18. Chemical symbol
19. Network file transfer protocol, abbr.
21. Type of logic gate
23. Spongy material used
in anechoic chambers
26. Galilean moon
27. Peak Envelope Power
29. Chemical symbol for silicon
30. 1/6 inch printer's measure; Electromagnetic
31. Oscillator manufacturer in Whippany, NJ (abbr.)
32. A class of subatomic particles that are composed of
quarks and take part in the strong interaction
34. Structures of columns and rows
37. Describes the movement of a spacecraft in space when there is no thrust from the engines
40. Akin to an
EE, CE, AE, etc.
41. Miniature RF connector
42. Chemical symbol for xenon
43. Electrical overstress,
45. Stock symbol for Advanced Micro Devices
46. No insulation
48. Ham abbreviation indicating contacts
with all major land masses
49. Smaller moon of Mars
51. Ferromagnetic material having high electrical
resistivity, used for inductors, pl.
2. Unit of time, abbr.
3. Capacitor manufacturer in Huntington Station, NY
Constellation : The dragon
5. Aircraft tracking system
6. Type of logic gate
7. Chemical symbol for neodymium
8. Modem encoding method
10. Ham's code for "Unable to copy you."
12. Very large unit of apparent power, abbr.
14. Ham's code for "What is the correct time?"
17. Soak up RF energy
19. Connector gender
20. The "N" in SNR, pl.
22. A disk
24. Referring to a right triangle, the trigonometric function equal to the ratio between the side
opposite a given angle, and the hypotenuse
25. Electron beam particle
26. Thing in a bill of material
28. Chemical symbol for palladium
31. Chemical symbol for chlorine
33. Stock symbol for RF Micro Devices
35. Open a fuse
38. Cabinet manufacturer in Cincinnati, OH
39. Enrico _____, nuclear physicist
Short Message Service
44. Crystal filter type
46. Digital transmission figure of merit
47. End Of
49. Morse Code for "from"
50. Chemical symbol for selenium