(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Airplanes and Rockets:
My personal hobby website
My daughter Sally's horse riding website
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Mathematical quantity having magnitude, but no direction
6. A metal that is liquid at room temperature
11. He, along with Mr. Savart, developed a law that describes a magnetic field generated by an electric current
12. Automatic Frequency Control
14. RF coupler vendor in Bay Shore, NY
16. Type of logic gate
17. Chemical symbol for praseodymium
18. Logic family
19. Army-Navy specification, abbr.
20. Term for asymmetry of a statistical distribution
22. Term used to interrupt a conversation on a repeater to indicate that there is an emergency or urgent message
23. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
24. Stock symbol for Harris Communications
25. Abbreviation for capacitor
27. Network department, abbr.
28. Band between RF and BB
30. Considered the 4th dimension
32. Pseudomorphic high-electron-mobility transistor, abbr.
34. Nanohenry, abbr.
35. The "E" in BER
36. Last stages in transmitter, abbr., pl.
38. Current-voltage phase mnemonic
39. Chemical symbol for mercury
42. Advanced Research Projects Agency , abbr.
44. Galilean moon
45. Filter type
47. Akin to EEs, CEs, AEs, etc.
48. 4 GHz to 8 GHz
49. Switch position
50. Filter vendor in Salisbury, MD
52. Mr. Blattenberger of RF Cafe
53. Type of current
54. Chemical symbol for ytterbium
55. U.S. military organization, abbr.
58. Agilent's EE design software
59. Modulation type, abbr.
61. Geometric entity with only length, pl.
62. Technical drawing structure
64. One component of a complex number, abbr.
65. Cellphone band above DCS; Personal communication system
66. Chemical symbol for aluminum
67. Amateur Radio Association
68. Add an impurity to a semiconductor
69. Government program to bring electricity to farms, abbr.
71. One bit of a real number
72. The "E" in ELF
73. One port on a FET, pl.
1. Opposite of a source
2. Coder/decoder. abbr.
3. PC follower
4. A common battery cell size
5. Mixer vendor in Sacramento, CA
6. Performing part of the photoetch process
7. The "R" in BER
8. Computer monitor, abbr., pl.
9. Internet address, abbr.
10. Chemical symbol for radium
11. An alkaline substance
13. _____ factor, the peak-to-average waveform value
15. Mates a plug to a jack
19. Cable covered by strong jacket
21. Wireless application protocol, abbr.
24. Mr. Maxim's first name (ARRL)
26. Greek letter often used to represent an angle
29. Femtohenry, abbr.
30. Total radiated power, abbr.
31. Tough drill bit material
33. High-speed logic family
36. Hewlett's partner
37. Longitudinal shape-forming structural elements
39. Chemical symbol for holmium
40. Silicon transistor type
43. Antenna, abbr.
44. A simple machine
45. Named a software object
46. Frequency Division Duplex
49. Opposite of I.D.
50. A common insulation type for wire-wrap wire
51. Sample group
56. One port on a FET
57. The quotient of the sum of several quantities and their number
59. Adjacent Channel Power Ratio
60. BSEE + 2 years
63. Unit of energy, pl.
65. Short for potentiometer
68. Ham abbreviation for "distant station"
70. Chemical symbol for argon
71. Chemical symbol for silicon