Left Border Content - RF Cafe
Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Sub-Header - RF Cafe
February 15, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Lowest operational frequency of a waveguide
6. a control input to a counter
11. Compliment to a zero in a polynomial
12. Communication between
stations by reflecting the radio waves off of the ionosphere
14. Unit of weight, pl.
16. Cathode Ray Tube
17. Chemical symbol for rhodium
18. RF connector type
19. Chemical symbol for cobalt
22. The "S" in SOIC
23. Unit of time, abbr.
24. The "L" in VLF
25. A common battery cell size
Chemical symbol for einsteinium
28. Band between RF and BB
30. Antenna radiated power measurement, abbr.
32. Retain a charge
34. Chemical symbol for neon
Constellation : The scales
36. Applied Computational Sciences, abbr.
38. Digital encoding of the transmission mode in the vertical sync portion of an SSTV image, abbr.
European equivalent to the U.L.
41. Amateur Radio Emergency Service
42. Open a fuse
44. Chemical symbol for palladium
45. Common average used for sinewaves, abbr.
Applied Computational Sciences, abbr.
48. SIgnal to Noise And Distortion
49. Chemical symbol for nobelium
50. RF/microwave software vendor
52. Circuit path with very high or infinite impedance
safety organization, abbr.
54. Coefficient of temperature, abbr.
55. Compact Fluorescent Light
Readability, Signal, and Tone (QoS report type)
59. 30 kHz to 300 kHz
61. A major search engine
Uppermost surface, pl.
64. Chemical symbol for beryllium
65. Imaging device, abbr.
67. Wireless application protocol
68. Basic element
69. Government program to bring electricity
to farms, abbr.
71. Semiconductor lamps
72. Connector supplier
73. Aircraft tracking systems
1. Material used in the center of an inductor coil
2. The "U" in UHF
3. Test equipment, abbr.
4. Femtohenry, abbr.
5. Aircraft bulkheads
6. A simple
7. Web page language
8. Charged particles
9. Low- to mid- frequency connector
11. Substrate for mounting component, abbr., pl.
13. Angular distance between one event
and another in a regularly recurring cycle
15. Filter type that rejects high frequencies
19. Make an adjustment to misalignment
21. One state of matter
24. Constellation : The scales
29. Chemical symbol for iron
30. Electronics Industry Association
31. Occlusion of
one heavenly body by another
36. Soaks up RF energy
37. Type of optical network
39. Chemical symbol for cadmium
40. Short Message Service
43. Computer communication scheme
44. In geometry what is any plane figure
having three or more straight sides
45. Extract information from a modulated signal
46. System On Chip
49. Greek letter used for frequency
51. Fast Fourier Transform
56. One cutoff
frequency specification for a bandpass filter
57. Million samples per second
59. Specialty connector
60. Frequency Division Multiple Access
63. Attenuator, pl.
65. Resistor vendor in Berne, IN
Chemical symbol for arsenic
70. A common battery cell size
71. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
See solution below
Footer - RF Cafe
Right Border Content - RF Cafe