February 1, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. The most distant point of an orbit from the
7. Cause to be smaller
12. Miniature threaded RF connector
13. Constellation : The little bear
14. Singulated piece of IC wafer
16. Test equipment manufacturer, now
17. Java server pages, abbr.
18. System On Chip
20. Chemical symbol for aluminum
21. Bands between RF and baseband
22. _____ Instruments, a programmable
delay line manufacturer in Bellevue, WA
25. What current is said to do, past tense
28. Parts in a kit, pl.
30. Chemical element abbreviated Sn
31. Test Equipment Connection, in Lake Mary, FL
33. Prefix used on many MIL-SPEC components
Signal-to-noise ratio, abbr.
35. Chemical symbol for tin
37. Pertaining to Boolean operations
Chemical symbol for calcium
40. He united electricity and magnetism into the concept of the electro-magnetic
41. Semiconductor and calculator company, abbr.
42. Radiating device
44. 10^1 numerical prefix
46. Automated Test Equipment
48. Official Space Shuttle designation, abbr.
49. Global System for Mobile Communications
51. Describes the action of cleaving a crystal plane
54. Describes an amplifier capable of tolerating any complex source/load impedance
DeForest's first name
58. Upper Sideband
59. Chemical symbol for neptunium
Direct Memory Access
63. Antenna, abbr.
64. Type of current flow
65. Adjust a pot
67. Using minimum
70. Abbreviation for acknowledge (also a common word for Bill the Cat)
71. ______ Monolithics,
MIC/MMIC designers in Frederick, MD
72. Similar to a laser, but at lower frequencies, pl.
1. Unit of current
2. Last stage in a
3. Triangular joint filler added for strength
4. Effective Radiated Power
Chemical symbol for einsteinium
6. Amplifier vendor in Souderton, PA
7. Chemical symbol for radon
Electrical overstress, abbr.
9. Form/fit/function replacement
10. Chemical symbol for cadmium
Electronics Industry Association
12. Metal or plastic rod that connects a potentiometer wiper to a knob, pl.
15. RF and microwave systems and subsystems vendor in NY
17. RF switch & attenuator manufacturer in
19. Software engineering tool, abbr.
21. Charged particle
24. Cellphone band below
PCS; Digital Communication System
26. Characteristic of a system that produces no new frequency content
27. Keyboard key
28. Programmable logic device, abbr.
29. Moon of Saturn discovered in 1789
32. Apollo 11 astronaut
33. Intentionally blocking communications signals
Radio navigation systems
42. Capacitor manufacturer in Huntington Station, NY
43. Automatic Send-Receive
45. Capture leading edge of a signal
47. High-speed logic family
48. Unit of conductance
50. Logs onto
a hard drive
51. Mr. Piper's famous yellow airplane
53. Semiconductor lamp
55. Base Station
60. Peak Envelope Power
62. Colorado Springs military school, abbr.
63. Automatic network
64. Applied Computational Sciences, abbr.
66. Chemical symbol for thallium
68. Chemical symbol for francium
69. 1/6 inch printer's measure;
70. Chemical symbol for argon