February 1, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. The most distant point of an orbit from the earth
to be smaller
12. Miniature threaded RF connector
Constellation : The little bear
14. Singulated piece of IC
16. Test equipment manufacturer, now Agilent
Java server pages, abbr.
18. System On Chip
symbol for aluminum
21. Bands between RF and baseband
22. _____ Instruments, a programmable delay line manufacturer
in Bellevue, WA
25. What current is said
to do, past tense
28. Parts in a kit, pl.
element abbreviated Sn
31. Test Equipment Connection, in
Lake Mary, FL
33. Prefix used on many MIL-SPEC components
34. Signal-to-noise ratio, abbr.
35. Chemical symbol for
37. Pertaining to Boolean operations
symbol for calcium
40. He united electricity and magnetism
into the concept of the electro-magnetic field
and calculator company, abbr.
42. Radiating device
10^1 numerical prefix
46. Automated Test Equipment
Official Space Shuttle designation, abbr.
49. Global System
for Mobile Communications
51. Describes the action of cleaving
a crystal plane
52. Part of CRC
54. Describes an amplifier
capable of tolerating any complex source/load impedance
Mr. de Forest's first name
58. Upper Sideband
59. Chemical symbol for neptunium
61. Direct Memory Access
63. Antenna, abbr.
64. Type of current flow
67. Using minimum resources
70. Abbreviation for
acknowledge (also a common word for Bill the Cat)
Monolithics, MIC/MMIC designers in Frederick, MD
to a laser, but at lower frequencies, pl.
1. Unit of current
2. Last stage in a transmitter, abbr.
3. Triangular joint filler added for strength
5. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
vendor in Souderton, PA
7. Chemical symbol for radon
Electrical overstress, abbr.
9. Form/fit/function replacement
10. Chemical symbol for cadmium
11. Electronics Industry
12. Metal or plastic rod that connects a potentiometer
wiper to a knob, pl.
15. RF and microwave systems and subsystems
vendor in NY
17. RF switch & attenuator manufacturer
in Indianapolis, IN
19. Software engineering tool, abbr.
21. Charged particle
24. Cellphone band below PCS; Digital
26. Characteristic of a system that
produces no new frequency content
27. Keyboard key
Programmable logic device, abbr.
29. Moon of Saturn discovered
32. Apollo 11 astronaut Michael _______
blocking communications signals
41. Radio navigation systems
42. Capacitor manufacturer in
Huntington Station, NY
43. Automatic Send-Receive
Capture leading edge of a signal
47. High-speed logic family
48. Unit of conductance
50. Logs onto a hard drive
Mr. Piper's famous yellow airplane
53. Semiconductor lamp
55. Base Station Transceivers
60. Peak Envelope Power
62. Colorado Springs military school, abbr.
network analyzer, abbr.
64. Applied Computational Sciences,
66. Chemical symbol for thallium
68. Chemical symbol
69. 1/6 inch printer's measure; Electromagnetic
70. Chemical symbol for argon