Over 10,000 pages indexed!
redefining what an
engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Hobby & Fun
Airplanes and Rockets:
My personal hobby website
My daughter Sally's horse riding business website - lots of info
My son-in-law's dog training business
|January 4, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle|
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Chemical symbol for neptunium
3. ___-AZIMUTH telescope mount
6. Part of a FOR loop
8. Transistor hookup scheme where a resistor in the emitter lead sets the DC operating point, 2 words
11. Imaging device, abbr., pl.
12. Teflon, abbr.
14. Logic family
15. Audio Frequency
17. Chemical symbol for terbium
18. Chemical symbol for argon
19. Chemical symbol for praseodymium
20. Chemical symbol for tantalum
22. Chemical symbol for bismuth
25. Modulation type, abbr.
27. Positive emitter-coupled logic
30. RF attenuator maker, now owned by Aeroflex
32. Metal or plastic rod that connects a potentiometer wiper to a knob
33. Min-to-max voltage of a waveform
35. Network department, abbr.
36. A measure of receiver quality, abbr.
38. Chemical symbol for thulium
40. Cabinet manufacturer in Cincinnati, OH
42. One axis of an ellipse
44. Isolator, oscillator vendor in Tampa, FL
46. Chemical symbol for copper
47. European equivalent to the U.L.
49. Test equipment manufacturer, now Agilent
50. One component of a complex number, abbr.
51. 30 kHz to 300 kHz
53. One port of an amplifier
54. Femtofarad, abbr.
55. Meet all test requirements
59. Elemental compound used for microwave frequency reference oscillators, abbr., pl.
61. Its chemical symbol is Md
63. Unix, Linux or Windows
64. Precision approach radar, abbr.
65. Centimeter, abbr.
1. Japanese semiconductor & equipment manufacturer
2. Type of programmable device, abbr.
3. Soak up RF energy
4. Chemical symbol for lithium
5. Transformer interwinding connection
6. Image file format name extension
7. Exponent that returns the original number
9. Frequency Division Multiple Access
10. Network configuration
13. Fundamental parameter of an element, 2 wds.
16. Electrical connection used to prevent electrocution, 2 wds.
21. Layer of a multi-layered PCB
23. Internet protocol, abbr.
24. The reactive element in catalytic converters
26. Akin to an EE, CE, AE, etc.
28. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
29. Type of distribution, squared
31. Test point, abbr.
34. Chemical symbol for platinum
37. Type of digital filter, abbr.
39. Millimeter, abbr.
41. Chemical symbol for radium
43. Integrated circuit, abbr.
45. Kilocycles, abbr.
48. Region of the ionosphere found approximately 55 to 90 miles above Earth; it fades away a few hours after sunset, hyph.
50. Stock symbol for RF Micro Devices
52. Fast-Scan TV
54. Cooling devices
56. Small DIP package, abbr.
57. Constellation : The lion
58. Peak Envelope Power
60. Add two or more inputs
62. Chemical symbol for lanthanum