Left Border Content - RF Cafe
Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Sub-Header - RF Cafe
January 4, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Take a well-deserved break and try your hand at some of these goodies.
Every word in the RF Cafe crossword puzzles is specifically related to engineering,
mathematics, and science. There are no generic backfill words like many other puzzles
give you, so you'll never see a clue asking for the name of a movie star or a mountain
on the Russia-China border.
All of these crossword puzzles were created using the fabulous
Crossword Express (now called "Magnum Opus") software.
2021 | 2020
| 2019 | 2018
| 2017 | 2016
| 2015 | 2014
| 2013 | 2012
| 2011 | 2010
| 2009 | 2008
| 2007 | 2006
| 2005 | 2004
| 2003 | 2002
| 2001 | 2000
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Chemical symbol for neptunium
3. ___-AZIMUTH telescope
6. Part of a FOR loop
8. Transistor hookup scheme
where a resistor in the emitter lead sets the DC operating point,
11. Imaging device, abbr., pl.
12. Teflon, abbr.
14. Logic family
15. Audio Frequency
17. Chemical symbol
18. Chemical symbol for argon
symbol for praseodymium
20. Chemical symbol for tantalum
22. Chemical symbol for bismuth
25. Modulation type, abbr.
27. Positive emitter-coupled logic
30. RF attenuator maker,
now owned by Aeroflex
32. Metal or plastic rod that connects
a potentiometer wiper to a knob
33. Min-to-max voltage of
35. Network department, abbr.
36. A measure
of receiver quality, abbr.
38. Chemical symbol for thulium
40. Cabinet manufacturer in Cincinnati, OH
42. One axis of
44. Isolator, oscillator vendor in Tampa, FL
46. Chemical symbol for copper
47. European equivalent to
49. Test equipment manufacturer, now Agilent
50. One component of a complex number, abbr.
51. 30 kHz to
53. One port of an amplifier
54. Femtofarad, abbr.
55. Meet all test requirements
compound used for microwave frequency reference oscillators,
61. Its chemical symbol is Md
63. Unix, Linux
64. Precision approach radar, abbr.
1. Japanese semiconductor & equipment manufacturer
2. Type of programmable device, abbr.
3. Soak up RF energy
4. Chemical symbol for lithium
5. Transformer interwinding
6. Image file format name extension
that returns the original number
9. Frequency Division Multiple
10. Network configuration
13. Fundamental parameter
of an element, 2 wds.
16. Electrical connection used to prevent
electrocution, 2 wds.
21. Layer of a multi-layered PCB
23. Internet protocol, abbr.
24. The reactive element in
26. Akin to an EE, CE, AE, etc.
Chemical symbol for einsteinium
29. Type of distribution,
31. Test point, abbr.
34. Chemical symbol for
37. Type of digital filter, abbr.
41. Chemical symbol for radium
43. Integrated circuit,
45. Kilocycles, abbr.
48. Region of the ionosphere
found approximately 55 to 90 miles above Earth; it fades away
a few hours after sunset, hyph.
50. Stock symbol for RF Micro
52. Fast-Scan TV
54. Cooling devices
DIP package, abbr.
57. Constellation : The lion
60. Add two or more inputs
symbol for lanthanum
See solution below
Footer - RF Cafe
Right Border Content - RF Cafe