Left Border Content - RF Cafe
Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Sub-Header - RF Cafe
January 21, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Take a well-deserved break and try your hand at some of these goodies.
Every word in the RF Cafe crossword puzzles is specifically related to engineering,
mathematics, and science. There are no generic backfill words like many other puzzles
give you, so you'll never see a clue asking for the name of a movie star or a mountain
on the Russia-China border.
All of these crossword puzzles were created using the fabulous
Crossword Express (now called "Magnum Opus") software.
2021 | 2020
| 2019 | 2018
| 2017 | 2016
| 2015 | 2014
| 2013 | 2012
| 2011 | 2010
| 2009 | 2008
| 2007 | 2006
| 2005 | 2004
| 2003 | 2002
| 2001 | 2000
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Part of a directive antenna that derives energy from
mutual coupling with the driven element, 2 wds., pl.
diode that can be switched, abbr.
9. Variable crystal oscillator,
10. Circuit containing a mixture of technologies, pl.
15. Attenuator topology
17. Family of ICs with a certain
component density level, abbr.
19. Min______ and Max_____,
in a Karnaugh map
20. 1/1000000 prefix
22. Chemical symbol
23. Deutsche Industrie Normenausschuss
24. Chemical symbol for polonium
25. 1's and 0's
30. Unit of length equal to 5.5 yards, pl.
31. Set of poles
32. One type of electron spin
35. Semiconductor and calculator company, abbr.
36. Effect (named after its discoverer) that is the variation
in the width of the base in a BJT due to a variation in the
applied base-to-collector voltage
Digital Enhanced Cordless Telephone
42. Society of Civil
and Structural Engineers
43. Devices on an axle used to hold
a wheel in place, pl.
44. Broadband over Power Lines, a
46. Automatic Send-Receive
48. Highest frequency
at which a vertically incident radio wave will return from the
ionosphere, 2 wds.
2. Type of flip-flop
3. In geometry, what kind
of an angle has less than 90 degrees
4. Chemical symbol for
5. 1e3 uV
6. Cabinet manufacturer in Cincinnati,
7. Chemical symbol for nobelium
10. Amateur radio operators
11. 36 in., pl.
12. One divided by a number
14. Describes when a synchronous motor loses "lock"
16. Physical quantity defined as force per unit area
Constellation : The scorpion
19. Vacuum tube with three control
21. Resistor vendor in Skokie, IL
25. Chemical symbol
26. Time delay, abbr.
28. A common battery
29. Chemical symbol for praseodymium
of programmable device, abbr.
35. Total Access Communication
37. Change connector type
38. Elemental compound
used for microwave frequency reference oscillators, abbr.
39. Bluetooth modules & ICs vendor in Richardson, TX
40. One of four lines used in ferrite core memories
symbol for bismuth
45. Chemical symbol for lithium
Chemical symbol for gold
47. Chemical symbol for radon
See solution below
Footer - RF Cafe
Right Border Content - RF Cafe