Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Part of a directive antenna that derives
energy from mutual coupling with the driven element, 2 wds., pl.
8. Special diode that can be switched,
9. Variable crystal oscillator, abbr.
10. Circuit containing a mixture of technologies, pl.
17. Family of ICs with a certain component density level, abbr.
19. Min______ and
Max_____, in a Karnaugh map
20. 1/1000000 prefix
22. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
24. Chemical symbol for polonium
25. 1's and 0's
27. Increase voltage
30. Unit of length equal to 5.5 yards, pl.
31. Set of poles
32. One type of electron spin
34. Minutes of Use
35. Semiconductor and calculator company, abbr.
Effect (named after its discoverer) that is the variation in the width of the base in a BJT due to a variation
in the applied base-to-collector voltage
41. Digital Enhanced Cordless Telephone
42. Society of Civil and Structural Engineers
43. Devices on an axle used to hold a wheel in place, pl.
44. Broadband over Power Lines, a Ham's nemesis
46. Automatic Send-Receive
48. Highest frequency at which a vertically incident radio wave will return from
the ionosphere, 2 wds.
2. Type of flip-flop
3. In geometry, what kind of an angle has less than 90 degrees
4. Chemical symbol for strontium
5. 1e3 uV
6. Cabinet manufacturer in Cincinnati, OH
7. Chemical symbol for nobelium
10. Amateur radio operators
11. 36 in., pl.
12. One divided by a
13. Digital Voltmeter
14. Describes when a synchronous motor loses "lock"
16. Physical quantity
defined as force per unit area
18. Constellation : The scorpion
19. Vacuum tube with three control grids
21. Resistor vendor in Skokie, IL
25. Chemical symbol for bromine
26. Time delay, abbr.
28. A common
battery cell size
29. Chemical symbol for praseodymium
33. Type of programmable device, abbr.
35. Total Access Communication System
37. Change connector type
38. Elemental compound used for microwave
frequency reference oscillators, abbr.
39. Bluetooth modules & ICs vendor in Richardson, TX
40. One of
four lines used in ferrite core memories
44. Chemical symbol for bismuth
45. Chemical symbol for lithium
46. Chemical symbol for gold
Chemical symbol for radon