January 21, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Part of a directive antenna that derives energy from
mutual coupling with the driven element, 2 wds., pl.
diode that can be switched, abbr.
9. Variable crystal oscillator,
10. Circuit containing a mixture of technologies, pl.
15. Attenuator topology
17. Family of ICs with a certain
component density level, abbr.
19. Min______ and Max_____,
in a Karnaugh map
20. 1/1000000 prefix
22. Chemical symbol
23. Deutsche Industrie Normenausschuss
24. Chemical symbol for polonium
25. 1's and 0's
30. Unit of length equal to 5.5 yards, pl.
31. Set of poles
32. One type of electron spin
35. Semiconductor and calculator company, abbr.
36. Effect (named after its discoverer) that is the variation
in the width of the base in a BJT due to a variation in the
applied base-to-collector voltage
Digital Enhanced Cordless Telephone
42. Society of Civil
and Structural Engineers
43. Devices on an axle used to hold
a wheel in place, pl.
44. Broadband over Power Lines, a
46. Automatic Send-Receive
48. Highest frequency
at which a vertically incident radio wave will return from the
ionosphere, 2 wds.
2. Type of flip-flop
3. In geometry, what kind
of an angle has less than 90 degrees
4. Chemical symbol for
5. 1e3 uV
6. Cabinet manufacturer in Cincinnati,
7. Chemical symbol for nobelium
10. Amateur radio operators
11. 36 in., pl.
12. One divided by a number
14. Describes when a synchronous motor loses "lock"
16. Physical quantity defined as force per unit area
Constellation : The scorpion
19. Vacuum tube with three control
21. Resistor vendor in Skokie, IL
25. Chemical symbol
26. Time delay, abbr.
28. A common battery
29. Chemical symbol for praseodymium
of programmable device, abbr.
35. Total Access Communication
37. Change connector type
38. Elemental compound
used for microwave frequency reference oscillators, abbr.
39. Bluetooth modules & ICs vendor in Richardson, TX
40. One of four lines used in ferrite core memories
symbol for bismuth
45. Chemical symbol for lithium
Chemical symbol for gold
47. Chemical symbol for radon
|More than 8,000 searchable pages indexed.
Your RF Cafe
Progenitor & Webmaster
Blattenberger ... single-handedly redefining what an engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Airplanes and Rockets:
My daughter Sally's
horse riding website