Over 10,000 pages indexed!
redefining what an
engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Hobby & Fun
Airplanes and Rockets:
My personal hobby website
My daughter Sally's horse riding business website - lots of info
My son-in-law's dog training business
|January 11, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle|
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Asynchronous Communication Interface Adapter
5. Compound used as the frequency determining element in microwave oscillators
7. Basic element
11. Luminous atmospheric phenomenon
13. Set a steady-state voltage
14. Chemical symbol for radium
15. Ham radio operator
18. Chemical symbol for chlorine
19. Signal amplitude degradation due to inefficiency
21. Cambridge _____, technical book publisher
22. Cable television, abbr.
23. Moon of Saturn discovered in 1672
25. Error checking scheme, abbr.
26. No insulation
27. 1/000 of an amp
28. Akin to an EE, CE, AE, etc.
29. 10^1 numerical prefix
30. Morse Code for "from"
32. Innovative Power Products, Holbrook, NY, abbr.
34. Line of Sight; Linux Operating System
36. Filter type
39. Performing a calculus function
40. Signal-to-noise ratio, abbr.
41. The system than converts common website names to IP addresses, abbr.
42. Negation prefix
43. Millihenry, abbr.
45. 1.602E-19 Joules
46. Kilocycles, abbr.
47. European equivalent to the U.L.
48. Volts divided by resistance
51. The cell band above DCN
53. Online auction site
56. Volt, meter, pint, pound, eg.
57. Joined a male and a female connector
59. Quickly changing portion of waveform
60. Ham abbreviation for "distant station"
61. One type of filter construction used in the 500 MHz to 1.5 GHz range
63. Army-Navy spec
64. Sets the flip-flop output to "0"
66. College grounds
68. Unit of energy, pl.
69. Ham's code for "Entire net stand by."
70. Logical negation, pl.
1. Borealis or Australis
2. Hang the program
3. Galilean moon
4. Amateur Radio Association
6. Point of electrical contact between circuits
7. Powers pneumatic devices
8. Chemical symbol for tantalum
9. International phonetic alphabet letter "O"
10. Transitioned from solid to liquid phase
12. Unit of current
13. Data transmission pathway
16. Portion of a circle
17. A keyboard key
20. Chemical symbol for selenium
22. Chemical symbol for calcium
24. Units of current
26. Make equal
27. Short for modulator/demodulator
31. Symbol of the U.S.A.
32. Bands between RF and baseband
33. Circuit for firing a magnetron, abbr.
34. Semiconductor lamp
35. Official Space Shuttle designation, abbr.
37. Permeability-Tuned Oscillator
38. Heatsink feature
44. A radio operator’s name
47. Constellation : The swan
49. A circuit that takes two or more input signals, and produces an output that includes the sum and difference of those signal frequencies
50. Chemical symbol for platinum
51. Programmable logic device, abbr.
52. Japanese semiconductor & equipment manufacturer
54. Chemical symbol for beryllium
55. Change connector type
57. Akin to EEs, CEs, AEs, etc.
58. Type of data conversion device, abbr.
61. Stock symbol for Harris Communications
62. Computer communication scheme
65. Chemical symbol for silver
67. Chemical symbol for molybdenum