Left Border Content - RF Cafe
Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Sub-Header - RF Cafe
January 11, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Take a well-deserved break and try your hand at some of these goodies.
Every word in the RF Cafe crossword puzzles is specifically related to engineering,
mathematics, and science. There are no generic backfill words like many other puzzles
give you, so you'll never see a clue asking for the name of a movie star or a mountain
on the Russia-China border.
All of these crossword puzzles were created using the fabulous
Crossword Express (now called "Magnum Opus") software.
2021 | 2020
| 2019 | 2018
| 2017 | 2016
| 2015 | 2014
| 2013 | 2012
| 2011 | 2010
| 2009 | 2008
| 2007 | 2006
| 2005 | 2004
| 2003 | 2002
| 2001 | 2000
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Asynchronous Communication Interface Adapter
used as the frequency determining element in microwave oscillators
7. Basic element
11. Luminous atmospheric phenomenon
Set a steady-state voltage
14. Chemical symbol for radium
15. Ham radio operator
18. Chemical symbol for chlorine
19. Signal amplitude degradation due to inefficiency
Cambridge _____, technical book publisher
22. Cable television,
23. Moon of Saturn discovered in 1672
checking scheme, abbr.
26. No insulation
27. 1/000 of
28. Akin to an EE, CE, AE, etc.
29. 10^1 numerical
30. Morse Code for "from"
32. Innovative Power
Products, Holbrook, NY, abbr.
34. Line of Sight; Linux Operating
36. Filter type
39. Performing a calculus function
40. Signal-to-noise ratio, abbr.
41. The system than converts
common website names to IP addresses, abbr.
43. Millihenry, abbr.
45. 1.602E-19 Joules
47. European equivalent to the U.L.
48. Volts divided by resistance
51. The cell band above DCN
53. Online auction site
56. Volt, meter, pint, pound, eg.
57. Joined a male and a female connector
59. Quickly changing
portion of waveform
60. Ham abbreviation for "distant station"
61. One type of filter construction used in the 500 MHz to 1.5
63. Army-Navy spec
64. Sets the flip-flop output
66. College grounds
68. Unit of energy, pl.
69. Ham's code for "Entire net stand by."
70. Logical negation,
1. Borealis or Australis
2. Hang the program
3. Galilean moon
4. Amateur Radio Association
of electrical contact between circuits
7. Powers pneumatic
8. Chemical symbol for tantalum
phonetic alphabet letter "O"
10. Transitioned from solid
to liquid phase
12. Unit of current
13. Data transmission
16. Portion of a circle
17. A keyboard key
20. Chemical symbol for selenium
22. Chemical symbol for
24. Units of current
26. Make equal
31. Symbol of the U.S.A.
Bands between RF and baseband
33. Circuit for firing a magnetron,
34. Semiconductor lamp
35. Official Space Shuttle
37. Permeability-Tuned Oscillator
44. A radio operator's name
: The swan
49. A circuit that takes two or more input signals,
and produces an output that includes the sum and difference
of those signal frequencies
50. Chemical symbol for platinum
51. Programmable logic device, abbr.
52. Japanese semiconductor &
54. Chemical symbol for beryllium
55. Change connector type
57. Akin to EEs, CEs, AEs, etc.
58. Type of data conversion device, abbr.
61. Stock symbol
for Harris Communications
62. Computer communication scheme
65. Chemical symbol for silver
67. Chemical symbol for molybdenum
See solution below
Footer - RF Cafe
Right Border Content - RF Cafe