Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Miniature threaded RF connector
9. Directions for verifying proper function,
12. Incandescent bulb
13. An angle of less than
14. Used logic gates
16. A receiver linearity
17. One port of an amplifier
symbol for calcium
19. 10^1 numerical prefix
flat group delay filter function
23. Voltage values
27. Method for connecting redundant power supplies
28. Precision landing system, abbr.
29. Quantity of heat
equal to 100,000 BTU
31. Ratio of the maximum carrier frequency
deviation to the modulating frequency at a given instant in
an FM transmitter
32. Divides the signal into pieces
36. Type of graph for plotting antenna patterns
37. Gun safety and education organization, abbr.
43. European space probe which visited Halley's
48. Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuit
Opposite of O.D.
51. 10^1 numerical prefix
52. Its chemical
symbol is Fe
53. Switch configuration, abbr.
56. The "L" in ADSL
57. Official Space
58. Quickly changing portions of waveforms
59. Short Message Service
1. Lockout position
Multipoint Distribution Service
3. Automatic Packet Position
4. Snail and e- are examples of this
5. Engineering Change Notice, abbr.
6. Chemical symbol for
7. Negative Temperature Coefficient
8. Hermetic barrier
9. Ad-hoc On-demand Distance Vector
10. Technical drawing
11. Positive Emitter-Coupled Logic
15. 10^1 numerical prefix, pl.
21. High voltage
resistor manufacturer in Montreal, Quebec, abbr.
more than two ports
24. End Of Transmission
of a LO
26. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
30. A circuit that takes two or more input signals,
and produces an output that includes the sum and difference
of those signal frequencies
33. Special diode that can be
34. One port of an amplifier
35. 1e-6 mA
Radar display, abbr.
38. Common average used for sinewaves,
39. Volts divided by resistance
40. This, multiplied
by inductance yields voltage across the inductor
Communication Technologies and Services
function equal to the ratio between the side opposite a given
angle, and the hypotenuse
43. High frequency semiconductor,
45. Adjust a capacitor or resistor
46. Units of weight
47. Exponent that returns the original
50. Official U.S. military organization, abbr.
51. Singulated piece of IC wafer
55. Mass unit, abbr.