Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Miniature threaded RF connector
9. Directions for verifying proper function, abbr.
12. Incandescent bulb
13. An angle of
less than 90 degrees
14. Used logic gates
16. A receiver linearity spec, abbr.
17. One port of an amplifier
18. Chemical symbol for calcium
19. 10^1 numerical prefix
20. Maximally flat group delay filter function
23. Voltage values
25. Color quality
27. Method for connecting redundant power supplies
landing system, abbr.
29. Quantity of heat equal to 100,000 BTU
31. Ratio of the maximum carrier frequency
deviation to the modulating frequency at a given instant in an FM transmitter
32. Divides the signal into pieces
34. Charged particle
36. Type of graph for plotting antenna patterns
37. Gun safety and education organization,
38. Aircraft tracking systems
43. European space probe which visited Halley's comet
Microwave Integrated Circuit
49. Opposite of O.D.
51. 10^1 numerical prefix
52. Its chemical symbol is
53. Switch configuration, abbr.
54. Cell phone manufacturer
56. The "L" in ADSL
57. Official Space
58. Quickly changing portions of waveforms
59. Short Message Service
1. Lockout position
Multipoint Distribution Service
3. Automatic Packet Position Reporting System
4. Snail and e- are examples
5. Engineering Change Notice, abbr.
6. Chemical symbol for gold
7. Negative Temperature Coefficient
8. Hermetic barrier
9. Ad-hoc On-demand Distance Vector
10. Technical drawing structure
12. Lower Sideband
15. 10^1 numerical prefix, pl.
21. High voltage resistor manufacturer
in Montreal, Quebec, abbr.
22. Containing more than two ports
24. End Of Transmission
25. Opposite of
26. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
27. Having resistance
30. A circuit that takes two or more input
signals, and produces an output that includes the sum and difference of those signal frequencies
diode that can be switched
34. One port of an amplifier
35. 1e-6 mA
36. Radar display, abbr.
average used for sinewaves, abbr.
39. Volts divided by resistance
40. This, multiplied by inductance yields
voltage across the inductor
41. Advanced Communication Technologies and Services
42. Trigonometric function
equal to the ratio between the side opposite a given angle, and the hypotenuse
43. High frequency semiconductor,
45. Adjust a capacitor or resistor
46. Units of weight
47. Exponent that returns
the original number
50. Official U.S. military organization, abbr.
51. Singulated piece of IC wafer
Mass unit, abbr.