Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Data safeguard
4. ______ Monolithics,
MIC/MMIC designers in Frederick, MD
5. International phonetic
alphabet letter "R"
6. Air outlet/inlet
10. Power supply
vendor in Minneapolis, MN
14. Radio term for indicating the
end of a transmission segment
15. A basic bipolar junction
16. BSEE + 2 years
17. Describes a type of film
factor = peak-to-average ratio of a waveform
21. ECM response
24. Automatic Packet Position Reporting System
power level circuitry, abbr.
26. Integrated Services Digital
27. The "W" in BAW
28. Final statement in a BASIC
32. Telecommunications Information Network Architecture
35. Digital Enhanced Cordless Telephone
36. PCB interconnect
37. Ultra Fine Pitch Technology
38. Radio term for indicating
the end of a transmission segment
45. High___, low___, & band____ filters
46. Steer a radar antenna array from side-to-side or from top-to-bottom
47. A logical circuit configuration for providing power supply
48. Transistor B-C capacitance
phonetic alphabet letter "Y"
2. A receiver circuit consisting of
a beat frequency oscillator and additional circuitry for enhanced
reception of SSB signals (2 wds.)
3. High power RF &
microwave amplifier manufacturer in Inglewood, CA
4. It equals
1/2 * m v^2
6. I*R across a resistor
7. 1.602E-19 Joules
8. Chemical symbol for neon
9. PNPs, NPNs, FETs, MOSFETs,
10. A unit of magnetic force
11. Unit of time, abbr.
12. Front edge of a wing, abbr.
13. A load for a transmission
18. Test equipment manufacturer of yore, abbr.
22. Chemical symbol for cesium
23. A college
major for programmers, abbr.
29. Chemical symbol for neon
30. Type of current
31. Unit of heat
33. Band between
RF and BB
34. Chemical symbol for neptunium
39. Unit of
apparent power, abbr.
40. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
43. Type of current flow
44. 1e-6 mA