2/29/2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. The ARRL is its main organizational
12. Unit of heat, pl.
13. A compiler directive
14. Connector vendor now owned by FCI
16. Ratio of circumference
18. Chemical symbol for cobalt
20. A common
battery cell size
22. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
23. Unit of apparent power, abbr.
24. Silicon transistor
26. Forerunner to NASA
29. Frequency vs. amplitude
31. The compliment of an exponent, abbr.
34. Special diode that can be switched, abbr.
35. Electromagnetic compatibility
36. A type of adder
37. Chemical symbol for ruthenium
38. Chemical symbol for
40. Electrically Alterable Read Only Memory
Surface mount, abbr.
44. DMM, o-scope, spec an, etc., abbr.
45. Chemical symbol for tin
50. Innovative Power Products, Holbrook,
52. Chemical symbol for tantalum
symbol for terbium
54. Component of product cost
56. Miniature threaded RF connector
58. Logic gate
59. Chemical symbol for cesium
60. Proportions of two numbers, pl.
63. 1/000 of an amp
65. Chemical symbol for platinum
67. Waveshape of a pure
69. Programmable logic device
70. Transmit Incremental
72. BSEE + 2 years
74. Civil Air Patrol
75. End-to-end joint
76. The "C" in CDMA
78. It preceded
the LCD monitor
79. Chemical symbol for aluminum
81. 1e3 µV
85. Chemical symbol for
86. Solid state PA, abbr.
88. Image file format
90. Adjust a capacitor
91. Test equipment that provides a
time-domain signal display
1. Capacitor manufacturer in Huntington
2. Elementary particle
3. Chemical symbol
4. Chemical symbol for europium
only remaining superpower
6. Government program to bring
electricity to farms, abbr.
7. Type of flip-flop
9. The primary organization for electrical & electronics
10. Type of logic gate, pl.
cutoff for a bandpass filter
15. Symbol of the U.S.A.
17. The "I" in ISM
19. Change velocity
21. The "C" in
23. Unit of apparent power, 2-wds
25. Chemical symbol
27. Chemical symbol for arsenic
29. Symbol for beryllium oxide
31. Chemical symbol for lutetium
symbol for ytterbium
36. Type of modulation, abbr.
41. Unit of liquid measure
power level circuitry, abbr.
43. Junk e-mail
symbol for niobium
48. Infrared, abbr.
51. Related to
FM by a differential
52. Coefficient of temperature, abbr.
58. International phonetic alphabet letter "O"
equivalent to the U.L.
61. ___-AZIMUTH telescope mount
62. Optical Cross Connect
64. Modulation type, abbr.
Trans European trunked radio
68. Chemical symbol for neptunium
69. Chemical symbol for plutonium
71. Time delay, abbr.
73. Chemical symbol for scandium
75. Graphics file types
77. Antenna radiated power measurement, abbr.
81. 1/000 of an inch
84. Type of chart
87. Type of current
88. Chemical symbol for thallium
89. Start frequency,
90. Part of a FOR loop
|More than 8,000 searchable pages indexed.
Your RF Cafe
Progenitor & Webmaster
Blattenberger ... single-handedly redefining what an engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Airplanes and Rockets:
My daughter Sally's
horse riding website