Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. It succeeded C+
8. Part of
a color definition
9. Data conversion device, abbr.
Nordic Mobile Telephone
12. Stock symbol for Boeing
Another common reference to a PCB
14. Half of RFIC
Chemical symbol for nobelium
18. Equivalent to kHz
21. Chemical symbol for gold
22. Total Radiated
24. Document for alerting end users of a design alteration,
25. Immense star system
26. System engineering company
28. Applied Computational Sciences, abbr.
30. Part of a voltage-current
32. Common abbreviation for meters, scopes,
33. Chemical symbol for thallium
symbol for gadolinium
37. Last stage
in a transmitter, abbr.
38. Direct Memory Access
42. U.S. Spectrum allocation agency
43. A "1" or
44. Stock symbol for National Semiconductor
Type of triangle that has only two of its sides equal
1. Mr. Piper's famous yellow airplane
2. Maximum voltage in a waveform
3. User Datagram Protocol
4. SAW filter manufacturer, now owned by TriQuint
for mounting components, abbr.
6. Foot, farad, dyne, or acre,
7. Miniature RF connector
11. Do the opposite
15. Microwave frequency rectifier
19. Concentric cable type
20. Not passing production
21. Type of current flow
23. Unintentionally changes
the oscillator frequency
24. A number that is divisible only
by itself and 1
27. Referring to atoms
29. European equivalent
to the U.L.
31. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
Access Communication System
35. A unit of force
38. Logarithmic unit of power, pl.
39. Common abbreviation for meters, scopes, analyzers, etc.,
that can be controlled remotely
41. Satellite TV system,