9/30/2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Personal Handy Phone System
5. Direct Digital Synthesis
8. Picohenry, abbr.
symbol for scandium
11. Galilean moon
13. Prefix indicating
16. Chemical symbol for silicon
Rádio Nacional de Angola, abbr.
19. Voice-operated transmit,
20. Logic family
21. Wireless phone region
Quadrature Phase Shift Keying
24. Display a radar target
25. Two of these in a whole
28. RF computer network
32. A common battery cell size
Computational Sciences, abbr.
35. A BPF spec
UHF, ISM, for example
38. Part of a FOR loop
40. Chemical symbol for europium
Chemical symbol for radium
43. U.K. equivalent of the IEEE
45. Logarithmic ratio
47. The cell band above DCN
Once around a circuit
52. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
54. Foot, abbr.
55. 1/6 inch printer's measure; Electromagnetic
56. Chemical symbol for holmium
57. Total Radiated Power
59. Original Equipment Manufacturer
60. Bluetooth modules &
ICs vendor in Richardson, TX
61. Ham abbreviation for transceiver
62. Substrate for mounting components, abbr.
66. Type of logic gate
67. Chemical symbol
68. Unix, Linux or Windows
70. Chemical symbol
71. Last statement in a BASIC program
Maximum Usable Frequency
73. Chemical symbol for erbium
75. Chemical symbol for ruthenium
76. Modulation type, abbr.
77. Megacycles, abbr.
78. Japanese semiconductor & equipment
80. BlackBerry or Jordana for example, abbr.
81. Colorado Springs military school
82. Gun safety and education
83. Intermodulation distortion, abbr.
85. Family of TTL logic
87. Chemical symbol for silver
88. Chemical symbol for lithium
89. Chemical symbol for thallium
91. Chemical symbol for molybdenum
92. Constellation : The
93. Charged particle
95. Switch position
temperature coefficient, abbr.
98. Chemical symbol for radon
100. Chemical symbol for arsenic
102. Akin to an EE, CE,
104. Opposite of O.D.
106. RF component supplier
109. Opposite of a LO
110. Networks International
Corporation, abbr., manufacturer of custom RF & microwave
filters, Overland Park, KS
112. Direct Memory Access
Agilent's EE design software
114. Institute of Electrical
and Electronics Engineers
116. World Amateur Radio Conference
117. Unit of inductance
118. Image file format name extension
121. Last keyword in a BASIC subroutine, pl.
Universal Time, abbr.
125. Test document for verifying proper
127. Antenna gain unit
128. Chemical symbol
129. Type of vector product
132. Chemical symbol for gadolinium
133. Millimeter, abbr.
135. Be behind in phase
Springs military school, abbr.
2. Test equipment manufacturer
3 GHz to 30 GHz
4. Color content
5. Digital Storage Oscilloscope
6. Type of current
7. He developed a law stating the sum
of all currents into and out of a node is zero
10. Type of
microstrip power divider
12. Exponent that returns the original
14. 1.602E-19 Joules
15. Mate to a TX
Space Shuttle designation
18. Chemical symbol for aluminum
20. Test point
22. Filter type
23. Ham's code for "What
is the correct time?"
26. Automatic Frequency Control
27. 30 kHz to 300 kHz
29. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
30. Logic family
32. A common battery cell size
36. Chemical symbol for beryllium
37. Chemical symbol for
39. Transformer interwinding connection
43. Unwanted mixing of two or more RF signals
that creates unintended frequencies
44. It's the 'EM' in
46. Difference in voltage between the surface of the
diffuse layer surrounding a colloidal particle and the bulk
48. Chemical symbol for californium
Modulation type, abbr.
51. Information exchange
symbol for strontium
56. Chemical symbol for helium
Substrate for mounting components, abbr.
59. Optical Cross
63. Chemical symbol for chromium
65. Related to
FM by a differential
67. Carrier-to-noise ratio
two or more inputs
74. One component of a complex number,
77. Chemical symbol for mendelevium
drafting tool, abbr.
80. Programmable logic device, abbr.
84. Chemical symbol for magnesium
86. Surface mount, abbr.
88. Front edge of a wing, abbr.
90. Local Oscillator
Low Noise Amplifier
94. The design component of total product
97. Imaginary line separating night from day,
99. It is the "M" in SMA
101. Chemical symbol for
102. 1/000 of an amp
103. Property of a fluid that
determines its rate of flow
105. Singulated piece of IC wafer
108. 10^1 numerical prefix
High Data Rate
111. European equivalent to the U.L.
A common battery cell size
115. 30 GHz to 300 GHz
3-phase transformer configuration
119. International Telecommunications
120. A BPF spec
122. Chemical symbol for neodymium
123. Antenna gain unit
125. Chemical symbol for argon
126. Unit of time, abbr.
129. CDMA Development Group, abbr.
130. Miniature threaded RF connector
132. Chemical symbol
134. 300 kHz to 3 MHz