9/30/2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Personal Handy Phone System
5. Direct Digital Synthesis
8. Picohenry, abbr.
9. Chemical symbol for scandium
11. Galilean moon
13. Prefix indicating magnetic properties
16. Chemical symbol for silicon
17. Rádio Nacional de Angola, abbr.
19. Voice-operated transmit, abbr.
20. Logic family
21. Wireless phone region
23. Quadrature Phase Shift Keying
24. Display a radar target
25. Two of these in a whole
28. RF computer network
31. Switch position
32. A common battery cell size
34. Applied Computational Sciences, abbr.
35. A BPF spec
36. VHF, UHF, ISM, for example
38. Part of a FOR loop
39. Test equipment, abbr.
40. Chemical symbol for europium
42. Chemical symbol for radium
43. U.K. equivalent of the IEEE
45. Logarithmic ratio
47. The cell band above DCN
49. Once around a circuit
52. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
54. Foot, abbr.
55. 1/6 inch printer's measure; Electromagnetic
56. Chemical symbol for holmium
57. Total Radiated Power
59. Original Equipment Manufacturer
60. Bluetooth modules & ICs vendor in Richardson, TX
61. Ham abbreviation for transceiver
62. Substrate for mounting components, abbr.
64. Central Processing Unit
66. Type of logic gate
67. Chemical symbol for cobalt
68. Unix, Linux or Windows
70. Chemical symbol for manganese
71. Last statement in a BASIC program
72. Maximum Usable Frequency
73. Chemical symbol for erbium
75. Chemical symbol for ruthenium
76. Modulation type, abbr.
77. Megacycles, abbr.
78. Japanese semiconductor & equipment manufacturer
80. BlackBerry or Jordana for example, abbr.
81. Colorado Springs military school
82. Gun safety and education organization, abbr.
83. Intermodulation distortion, abbr.
85. Family of TTL logic
87. Chemical symbol for silver
88. Chemical symbol for lithium
89. Chemical symbol for thallium
91. Chemical symbol for molybdenum
92. Constellation : The lion
93. Charged particle
95. Switch position
96. Negative temperature coefficient, abbr.
98. Chemical symbol for radon
100. Chemical symbol for arsenic
102. Akin to an EE, CE, AE, etc.
104. Opposite of O.D.
106. RF component supplier (now L3-COM)
109. Opposite of a LO
110. Networks International Corporation, abbr., manufacturer of custom RF & microwave filters, Overland Park, KS
112. Direct Memory Access
113. Agilent's EE design software
114. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
116. World Amateur Radio Conference
117. Unit of inductance
118. Image file format name extension
121. Last keyword in a BASIC subroutine, pl.
124. Coordinated Universal Time, abbr.
125. Test document for verifying proper function, abbr.
127. Antenna gain unit
128. Chemical symbol for ruthenium
129. Type of vector product
131. Network department, abbr.
132. Chemical symbol for gadolinium
133. Millimeter, abbr.
135. Be behind in phase
136. Colorado Springs military school, abbr.
2. Test equipment manufacturer
3. 3 GHz to 30 GHz
4. Color content
5. Digital Storage Oscilloscope
6. Type of current
7. He developed a law stating the sum of all currents into and out of a node is zero
10. Type of microstrip power divider
12. Exponent that returns the original number
14. 1.602E-19 Joules
15. Mate to a TX
16. Official Space Shuttle designation
18. Chemical symbol for aluminum
20. Test point
22. Filter type
23. Ham's code for "What is the correct time?"
26. Automatic Frequency Control
27. 30 kHz to 300 kHz
29. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
30. Logic family
32. A common battery cell size
36. Chemical symbol for beryllium
37. Chemical symbol for selenium
39. Transformer interwinding connection
41. User Datagram Protocol
43. Unwanted mixing of two or more RF signals that creates unintended frequencies
44. It's the 'EM' in EMC
46. Difference in voltage between the surface of the diffuse layer surrounding a colloidal particle and the bulk liquid beyond
48. Chemical symbol for californium
50. Modulation type, abbr.
51. Information exchange
53. Chemical symbol for strontium
56. Chemical symbol for helium
58. Substrate for mounting components, abbr.
59. Optical Cross Connect
63. Chemical symbol for chromium
65. Related to FM by a differential
67. Carrier-to-noise ratio
69. Add two or more inputs
74. One component of a complex number, abbr.
77. Chemical symbol for mendelevium
79. Software drafting tool, abbr.
80. Programmable logic device, abbr.
84. Chemical symbol for magnesium
86. Surface mount, abbr.
88. Front edge of a wing, abbr.
90. Local Oscillator
92. Low Noise Amplifier
94. The design component of total product cost, abbr.
97. Imaginary line separating night from day, pl.
99. It is the "M" in SMA
101. Chemical symbol for tin
102. 1/000 of an amp
103. Property of a fluid that determines its rate of flow
105. Singulated piece of IC wafer
108. 10^1 numerical prefix
109. High Data Rate
111. European equivalent to the U.L.
113. A common battery cell size
115. 30 GHz to 300 GHz
116. 3-phase transformer configuration
119. International Telecommunications Union
120. A BPF spec
122. Chemical symbol for neodymium
123. Antenna gain unit
125. Chemical symbol for argon
126. Unit of time, abbr.
129. CDMA Development Group, abbr.
130. Miniature threaded RF connector
132. Chemical symbol for gallium
134. 300 kHz to 3 MHz