9/3/2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Unit of magnetic flux
9. Metal or plastic rod that connects a potentiometer wiper
to a knob
14. Transition from solid to liquid phase
Used logic gates
17. Set of poles
18. The tip of a PCB
20. Complex Instruction Set Computer
network analyzer, abbr.
24. Its chemical symbol is Bi
27. Chemical symbol for tin
28. Circuit path with very low
or 0 impedance
33. Its chemical symbol is Nb
hybrid and discrete microwave and millimeter-wave components
vendor in Sunnyvale, CA
37. Unit of time
38. Antenna radiated
power measurement, abbr.
40. Precision landing system, abbr.
41. Fail-____ switch
43. 300 kHz to 3 MHz
: The lion
46. Chemical symbol for lithium
47. Units of
48. Set of poles
49. Chemical symbol for manganese
50. Cable termination type
52. Chemical symbol for silicon
53. Common solder composition (pre-lead-free)
54. U.S. military
55. Volts divided by resistance
Akin to an EE, CE, AE, etc.
58. A martial art (not sure why
this is in here)
60. Unit of conductance
64. One tier
of a PCB
65. Network department, abbr.
67. Phase of matter
between liquid and solid
69. Original Equipment Manufacturer
71. First-in, first-out, abbr.
72. Just entering the nonlinear
77. American space agency, abbr.
81. Time Division Multiple Access
82. _____ rule
83. Test Equipment Connection, in Lake Mary, FL
2. Electromagnetic Pulse
symbol for beryllium oxide
4. Voltage-current phase mnemonic
5. Stock symbol for Raytheon
6. Chemical symbol for polonium
7. Angle described by hyp/opp
8. Smaller moon of Mars
10. Test equipment manufacturer
11. A common battery cell
12. Heatsink feature, pl.
13. Aircraft identification
instrument for secondary radar, pl.
16. Connector type
19. Chemical symbol for terbium
21. Oscillator manufacturer
in Whippany, NJ (abbr.)
23. The process by which a body moves
back and forth through a central neutral position, pl.
One port of an amplifier
26. Color quality
29. Its chemical
symbol is He
30. Logic gates
31. Chemical symbol for radon
32. Determines proper functionality
34. 1/000 of an inch
36. 10-Gb Attachment Units Interface
39. Opposite of local
42. Start frequency, abbr.
43. Waveform limit definition
44. The last transmission by a station during a contact
Chemical symbol for lead
51. World's first satellite navigation
53. Vacuum tube with five elements (not including
54. 24 hours
56. Half of a DIP
of transistor, abbr.
59. Chemical symbol for radium
30 Hz to 300 Hz
62. Snail and E are examples of this
Chemical symbol for silicon
66. Physical barrier
symbol for cobalt
70. Degree of IC sophistication
Negative temperature coefficient, abbr.
74. Synchronous Digital
75. Electromagnetic interference, abbr.
Transformer interwinding connection
80. Chemical symbol for scandium