(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Airplanes and Rockets:
My personal hobby website
My daughter Sally's horse riding website
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Man after whom the unit of frequency is named
10. 1e-6 mA
12. Logic gates
13. Chemical symbol for helium
14. Variable Frequency Oscillator
15. Unit of weight
16. Chemical symbol for arsenic
18. Bilateral trigger diode
20. Indium phosphide
22. Chemical symbol for radium
23. RF connector type
24. Elementary particle
26. Synchronous Digital Hierarchy
27. Chemical symbol for strontium
28. Amateurese for "wife"
29. Chemical symbol for rubidium
30. Chemical symbol for nobelium
31. Networks International Corporation, abbr., manufacturer of custom RF & microwave filters, Overland Park, KS
32. Test equipment, abbr.
34. A semi-automatic mechanical code key
35. Chemical symbol for nickel
37. Part of a FOR loop
38. Chemical symbol for bismuth
39. Last stage in a transmitter, abbr.
41. Time delay, abbr.
42. Below ELF
43. Chemical symbol for gallium
44. Instruments for Industry, Ronkonkoma, NY, abbr. (and an RF Cafe advertiser)
45. Network department, abbr.
47. 10^1 numerical prefix
48. Ham's code for "Answer in prearranged order."
49. Boob tube
50. Maximum Usable Frequency
52. Systems for underwater navigation
56. Greek letter
57. Network department, abbr.
59. U.S. military organization, abbr.
61. 10^-9 numerical prefix
63. Type of current
64. 30 MHz to 300 MHz
65. FCC Part 15 rules apply in this band, abbr.
67. Unit of time
68. Automatic network analyzer, abbr.
70. Modern battlefield technique, abbr.
71. Symbols and lines used to construct a representative drawing of a system at a high level, pl.
1. Describes device parameters that vary with temperature
2. Galilean moon
3. Gun safety and education organization, abbr.
4. Type of flip-flop
6. Common form of energy that arises from the kinetic energy of atoms and molecules
7. 1.602E-19 Joules
8. Radio Frequency Interference, abbr.
9. Unit of weight, pl.
10. Type of logic gate
11. Major opamp IC manufacturer headquartered in Norwood, MA (and is an RF Cafe advertiser)
17. Signal-to-noise ratio, abbr.
18. Keyboard key
19. Chemical symbol for cobalt
21. BlackBerry or Jordana for example, abbr.
24. Search engine
25. The design component of total product cost, abbr.
28. Transmit Incremental Tuning, abbr.
30. Mate to a bolt
32. Semiconductor and calculator company, abbr.
33. Quantum electron properties
36. Precision landing system, abbr.
38. Stock symbol for Boeing
40. Colorado Springs military school
43. One state of matter
46. Manufacturer of project boxes
48. Ham's code for "Shall I increase power?"
49. Amplifier linearity spec., abbr.
51. Old type of capacitor
53. Switch position
54. Logic gate
55. American National Standards Institute
58. Type of electrical wire insulation
60. Digital Storage Oscilloscope
62. Carrier-to-noise ratio
66. Megacycles, abbr.
68. Chemical symbol for silver
69. A common battery cell size