7/29/2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Chemically react to harden
4. Unit of capacitance
9. Integrated Services Digital Network
13. A compiler directive
14. 1/60 of a minute of angular
15. Low Noise Amplifier
16. Light ray
17. Attenuator topology, pl.
18. Move from cell to cell
20. Common average used for sinewaves, abbr.
22. Solid state
relay vendor located in San Diego, CA
Voltage-current phase mnemonic
28. The design component of
total product cost, abbr.
29. Common mode ripple rejection,
32. Electromagnetic radiation in the visible band
35. Substrate for mounting component, abbr., pl.
40. Number or digital inputs that an output can drive,
41. Unit of volume
42. Metric length unit
length of transmission line that is open or shorted at one end
45. Electronics Industry Association
49. A listing of the conditions of the
Earth’s magnetic field as measured at Boulder, CO
54. Modem encoding method
56. Same as 9
58. Type of high-tech data gathering system, abbr.
60. Thin layer of material deposited a surface
the moon as a passive reflector to establish a signal path;
63. Digital algebra
64. Test Operating
65. Society of Civil and Structural Engineers
66. O-scope time base action
67. Class of spread spectrum,
1. A 3rd-order polynomial
2. A compiler
3. Polling line state
4. Field Effect Transistor
5. Adjacent Channel Power Ratio
6. Moving from cell to cell
7. Boolean expression, pl.
8. Direct Digital Synthesis
10. Rise over run, 1st derivative
11. Motorola's "Digital
12. Narrowband Advanced Mobile Phone System
21. High Data Rate
23. Adjusted the specification
24. Connector supplier in Oyster Bay, NY
25. Alternative name for Alpha Scorpii
26. Leave a film on
29. Abbreviation for capacitor
30. Degree of
31. Stock symbol for Raytheon
of Electrical Engineers (U.K)
34. Gary Breed's fine magazine
on RF & microwaves topics, abbr.
36. Describes the action
of cleaving a crystal plane
37. Unit of heat
43. _______ strength - measure of resistance from
46. U.K. equivalent of the IEEE
48. ELI the ICE
49. Connector vendor headquartered in Bristol, PA
50. Current summing point, pl.
52. Volts, meters, pints,
53. Narrowband Advanced Mobile Phone System
54. What current is said to do
55. Sharp bend in I-V curve
57. Miniature RF connector
58. Electrical overstress, abbr.
59. Transformer interwinding connection
61. Line of Sight;
Linux Operating System
|More than 8,000 searchable pages indexed.
Your RF Cafe
Progenitor & Webmaster
Blattenberger ... single-handedly redefining what an engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Airplanes and Rockets:
My daughter Sally's
horse riding website