7/11/2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. The "F" in EMF
6. Parts per
9. Constellation : The water snake
15. Set of poles
17. Bilateral trigger diode
18. RF/microwave software vendor (bought by Agilent)
22. Electromagnetic compatibility,
24. Like a crystal
27. Chemical symbol for selenium
28. The 741 was the first of this type IC
33. Responses to
original posting on a forum
35. Circular mounting hardware
37. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
38. Wireline(tm) maker
in Hollis, NH
40. Effective Radiated Power
41. RF Local
43. Bandwidth, abbr.
45. BER. 8 bits at a
46. Type of flip-flop
47. Network configuration
48. A form of energy arises from the kinetic energy of atoms
49. 1/000 of an amp
50. Keyboard key
52. Chemical symbol for tin
53. Mr. Blattenberger of RF Cafe
54. Transmit Incremental Tuning, abbr.
55. Small representative
57. Chemical symbol for xenon
: The twins
60. Under tension, pl.
64. Proportion of two
65. One port of an amplifier
adapters, by Aries Electronics
69. U.S. military organization,
71. Digital Enhanced Cordless Telephone
voltage in a waveform, pl.
77. Electronic Variable Optical
79. Small DIP package
81. Stack command
82. Aircraft tracking system
83. Wire diameter unit, abbr.
84. Area on a shaft for accommodating a setscrew, pl.
2. Current-voltage phase mnemonic
3. Using the moon as a passive reflector to establish a signal
path; moonbounce, abbr.
4. Line of Sight
5. Digital Storage
6. Min-to-max voltage of a waveform, abbr.
7. Name of the third series in the spectrum of hydrogen
An efficient microstrip corner shape, pl.
10. Unit of length,
11. Singulated piece of IC wafer
12. Type of data
storage IC, pl.
13. Change of velocity per unit of time
16. The "R" in BER
19. Unit of capacitance, abbr.
Government program to bring electricity to farms, abbr.
Passive device for splitting signals to separate paths
26. Direct Digital Synthesis
distance of 3.26 light years
30. Application Service Provider,
31. Millihenry, abbr.
32. Scheduling graph type,
34. Crystal filter type
36. RF computer network, abbr.
39. U.S. manned space program rocket series of the 1960s
42. Chemical symbol for argon
43. Connector vendor in St.
48. Opposite of a LO
51. Line of
53. Energy in motion
54. Transmit Incremental Tuning,
56. Negative temperature coefficient, abbr.
Wireless modem manufacturer, now owned by Intel
of an amp
61. Archaic unit of length
62. Amateur Radio
63. Chemical symbol for scandium
A star that suddenly becomes much brighter and then gradually
returns to its original brightness over a period of weeks to
68. Test Point
70. U.S. military organization, abbr.
73. Electromotive Force
74. Online service
75. Large unit
of apparent power, abbr.
76. Adjust a pot
78. A common
battery cell size
80. Unit of length, abbr.