Over 10,000 pages indexed!
redefining what an
engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Hobby & Fun
Airplanes and Rockets:
My personal hobby website
My daughter Sally's horse riding business website - lots of info
My son-in-law's dog training business
|6/6/2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle|
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Ham's code for "Does my frequency vary?"
5. Digital Signal Processor
8. Chemical symbol for niobium
9. Chemical symbol for beryllium
11. Band between RF and BB
16. Chemical symbol for plutonium
17. Metal parts engineers, abbr., pl.
19. Finite-Element Model
20. Engineering Change Notice, abbr.
21. UMTS terrestrial radio access, abbr.
23. Einstein's paradoxical traveler
25. Adjacent Channel Power Ratio
28. ISDN BRI channel
31. Total Radiated Power
32. Greek letter
34. Oscillator manufacturer in Whippany, NJ (abbr.)
35. Amateur radio abbreviation for the Oceania region
36. Radio signal route, pl.
38. Chemical symbol for tin
39. Chemical symbol for argon
40. Chemical symbol for bromine
42. PC follower
43. Negation prefix
45. Unit of time, abbr.
47. Voltage-Controlled Oscillator
49. Enhanced Graphics Adapter
52. Chemical symbol for rhodium
54. Chemical symbol for francium
55. Time delay, abbr.
56. Chemical symbol for manganese
57. Innovative Power Products, Holbrook, NY, abbr.
59. Adjust a pot
60. Synchronous Digital Hierarchy
61. Original equipment manufacturer, abbr.
62. Voltage-current phase mnemonic
64. Deutsche Industrie Normenausschuss
66. Chemical symbol for nobelium
67. Greek letter (micro)
70. Switch position
71. ___/IP communications scheme
72. Atmosphere, abbr.
73. Chemical symbol for lithium
75. Chemical symbol for magnesium
76. Chemical symbol for nickel
77. Femtofarad, abbr.
78. Electronic warfare defense, abbr.
80. Direct Memory Access
81. International Telecommunications Union
82. Line of Sight
83. High-speed logic family, abbr.
85. One port of an amplifier
87. Chemical symbol for neon
88. Decimeter, abbr.
89. Chemical symbol for zinc
91. Local Oscillator
92. Government program to bring electricity to farms
93. Electromagnetic Interference. abbr.
95. Part of a FOR loop
96. Type of logic gate
98. Foot, abbr.
100. Logarithmic ratio
102. Ratio of circumference to diameter
104. Opposite of I.D.
106. Brand of hobby knife
109. Chemical symbol for gold
110. Global System for Mobile Communications
112. End of soldering iron
113. Base Station Transceivers
114. Ad-hoc on demand distance vector
116. 10^-12 numerical prefix
117. Used lubricant
118. Thing in a bill of material
121. Length times width
124. Greek letter
125. Logic family
127. ___-AZIMUTH telescope mount
128. Test equipment manufacturer now known as Agilent
129. Leaded component type
131. Chemical symbol for iron
132. A measure of receiver quality, abbr.
133. Unix, Linux or Windows
135. BlackBerry, Jordana, etc.
136. Transmit Incremental Tuning, abbr.
2. Chemical symbol for radon
3. Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor
4. Width vs. length of a computer display
5. Decibels above or below a dipole antenna, abbr.
6. Chemical symbol for selenium
7. Software for circuit or system design
10. Performing a quantum event by penetrating a seemingly impassable barrier
12. Field Effect Transistor
14. Audio Frequency
15. Electromagnetic, abbr.
16. Peripheral Component Interface
18. Chemical symbol for strontium
20. Modern battlefield technique, abbr.
22. The Microwave Office company, abbr.
23. Ham abbreviation for transceiver
26. Error checking scheme, abbr.
27. Min-to-max voltage of a waveform
29. Type of current
30. Official Space Shuttle designation
32. Chemical symbol for tantalum
33. Microhenry, abbr.
36. Chemical symbol for praseodymium
37. Chemical symbol for antimony
39. Amateur Television
41. Rádio Nacional de Angola, abbr.
43. Defense contractor
44. S-Parameter measurement instrument
46. Antenna structure that connects directly to the feed line
48. Chemical symbol for californium
50. Chemical symbol for gadolinium
51. Antenna manufacturer in Merlin, OR
53. Bill & Dave's company
56. Akin to an EE or an IE, for physical parts
58. Greek letter
59. Surface Mount Device, abbr.
63. Local Oscillator
65. Galilean moon
67. Wire diameter unit, abbr.
69. Oscillator manufacturer in Whippany, NJ (abbr.)
74. Si or GaAs based device, eg.
77. Type of modulation, abbr.
79. 1/000 of an inch
80. Digital Storage Oscilloscope
84. European equivalent to the U.L.
86. Electrical safety organization, abbr.
88. Morse Code for "from"
90. Home state of Los Alamos lab
92. Archaic unit of length
94. Instruments for Industry, Ronkonkoma, NY, abbr.
97. Process by which a body moves back and forth through a central neutral position
99. System invented by John Napier that allows the processes of multiplication and division to be replaced by addition and subtraction
101. Armored cable type
102. Chemical symbol for polonium
103. Made self-controlling
105. Digital Storage Oscilloscope
107. PC follower
108. Test Point
109. Amplifier Solutions Corporation, abbr.
111. Chemical symbol for mendelevium
113. Chemical symbol for bismuth
115. Volt-ohmmeter, abbr.
116. Personal Digital Assistant
119. Transformer interwinding connection
120. Chemical symbol for europium
122. Chemical symbol for radium
123. 30 Hz to 300 Hz
125. Mate to an RX
126. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
129. Colorado Springs military school, abbr.
130. Shorthand for liquid oxygen
132. Chemical symbol for neodymium
134. Chemical symbol for silicon