|6/23/2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle|
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Computer communication scheme, abbr., pl.
5. A feedback scheme to level out the receiver audio volume, abbr.
7. Million multiply accumlate operations, abbr.
11. Quality of a number that determines whether it is positive or negative
13. Did a total memory transfer
14. Chemical symbol for iron
15. Formerly Watkins Johnson amplifiers, located in Palo Alto, CA
18. Chemical symbol for lawrencium
19. Light ray
21. Number system that uses only the digits 0 to 7
22. Attenuator, pl.
23. Receiver power level circuitry, abbr.
25. Be behind in phase
26. An ellipse has two of them
27. Unix, Linux or Windows
28. Greek letter (micro)
29. 10^1 numerical prefix
30. Picofarad, abbr.
32. Graphics file extension
34. Constellation : The lion
36. Readability, Signal, and Tone (QoS report type)
39. Unwanted mixing of two or more RF signals that creates unintended frequencies
40. A compiler directive
41. Transmit Incremental Tuning, abbr.
42. Digital Signal Processor
43. Chemical symbol for gallium
45. Chemical symbol for tin
46. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
47. Chemical symbol for thallium
48. Programmable logic device, abbr., pl.
51. Part of a male connector
53. First man to orbit the earth - ... Gagarin
56. Compliment to a zero in a transfer function
57. Parameter that is a figure of merit for receiver performance in presence of multiple signals, abbr., pl.
60. Chemical symbol for lithium
61. Softens metal
63. European equivalent to the U.L.
64. ______ Monolithics, MIC/MMIC designers in Frederick, MD
66. Part of an optical cable bundle, pl.
68. Workplace safety group
69. Global System for Mobile Communications
70. Meet all test requirements
1. A processed or unprocessed semiconductor substrate, pl.
2. Length times width, pl.
3. Chemical symbol for nickel
4. Official Space Shuttle designation
6. A network of components used to partition voltage into certain levels at certain points, pl.
7. Multiplexer, abbr.
8. Millimeter, abbr.
9. RF design tool vendor in Espoo, Finland
10. Ceramic Dual Inline Package
12. Elemental compound used for microwave frequency reference oscillators, abbr.
13. Keyboard key
16. High-speed logic family
17. Be behind in phase
20. 1E6 nanoseconds
22. Chemical symbol for polonium
24. Apply (as a voltage)
26. British physicist who discovered electromagnetic induction and diamagnetism
27. Performing a certain logical operation
31. The last transmission by a station during a contact
32. Unit of heat
33. Akin to EEs, CEs, AEs, etc.
34. Shorthand for liquid oxygen
35. One port of an amplifier
37. Official Space Shuttle designation
38. End of soldering iron
44. Manned rocket series that went to the moon
47. Software device for tracking elapsed time, pl.
49. Consequence of under sampling
50. Front edge of a wing, abbr.
51. Circuit for firing a magnetron, abbr.
52. Gun safety and education organization, abbr.
54. Electrical safety organization, abbr.
55. Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service
57. Signal-to-noise ratio, abbr.
58. Below ELF
61. A common battery cell size
62. Half of a DIP
65. Nanohenry, abbr.
67. Stock symbol for Boeing