Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. RF connector & cable manufacturer
in Suwon, Korea (and an RF Cafe advertiser)
1/2 wavelength antenna fed at the center
11. Ham's code for
"Your net frequency is High."
13. Area on a shaft for accommodating
14. Type of logic gate
16. Fast Fourier Transform
19. Unit of weight
symbol for silver
23. Cell phone manufacturer
symbol for radon
27. Radio Amateurs of Canada
30. Pure carrier, abbr.
31. Basis for decibels, abbr.
32. Five-bit digital code used in teleprinter application
34. One bit at a time
36. Unix, Linux or Windows
40. Metal parts engineer, abbr.
42. Chemical symbol for lithium
45. Stock symbol for Harris Communications
Adds two or more inputs
48. International Telecommunications
49. 'Shooting star'
51. PCB layout & fab company
in Boynton Beach, FL
2. Opposite of O.D.
3. Image file
format name extension
4. RF design tool vendor in Espoo,
6. ___-AZIMUTH telescope mount
7. Chemical symbol for neon
8. Ham's code for "Net is Free
10. Charged particle
12. Gary Breed's
fine magazine on RF & microwaves topics, abbr.
15. Its chemical symbol is C
17. Vacuum tube with
three control grids
19. Tall structures for antennas
They have units of degrees or radians
22. Type of high frequency
24. Greek letter
25. Society of Civil
and Structural Engineers
26. Move from cell to cell
Chemical symbol for copper
31. Chemical symbol for lithium
33. Type of data conversion device, abbr., pl.
power level circuitry, abbr.
38. The sun's most distant <former>planet
39. Software device for tracking elapsed time
44. Unit of heat
46. Adjust a pot
System On Chip
49. 1/000 of an amp
50. Chemical symbol