Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. RF connector & cable
manufacturer in Suwon, Korea (and an RF Cafe advertiser)
9. 2-element, 1/2 wavelength antenna fed at the
11. Ham's code for "Your net frequency is High."
13. Area on a shaft for accommodating a setscrew
14. Type of logic gate
16. Fast Fourier Transform
19. Unit of weight
Chemical symbol for silver
23. Cell phone manufacturer
26. Chemical symbol for radon
27. Radio Amateurs of Canada
30. Pure carrier, abbr.
31. Basis for decibels, abbr.
32. Five-bit digital code used in teleprinter
34. One bit at a time
36. Unix, Linux or Windows
37. Between-series connectors
40. Metal parts
41. Current-voltage phase mnemonic
42. Chemical symbol for lithium
43. Half of DSB
45. Stock symbol for Harris Communications
46. Adds two or more inputs
49. 'Shooting star'
51. PCB layout & fab company in Boynton Beach, FL
2. Opposite of O.D.
file format name extension
4. RF design tool vendor in Espoo, Finland
7. Chemical symbol for neon
8. Ham's code for "Net is Free (not controlled)."
12. Gary Breed's fine magazine on RF & microwaves topics, abbr.
14. Negation prefix
15. Its chemical symbol is C
17. Vacuum tube with three control grids
19. Tall structures for antennas
20. They have units of degrees or radians
22. Type of high frequency semiconductor, abbr.
25. Society of Civil and Structural Engineers
26. Move from cell to cell
28. Chemical symbol for copper
31. Chemical symbol for lithium
33. Type of data conversion device, abbr., pl.
35. Receiver power level
38. The sun's most distant <former>planet
39. Software device for tracking elapsed time
41. International Reply Coupon
44. Unit of heat
46. Adjust a pot
47. System On Chip
49. 1/000 of
50. Chemical symbol for radium