5/9/2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Institute of Electrical and Electronics
4. Greek letter
9. Imaging device, abbr., pl.
13. Specialized Mobile Radio
14. Apply an FEC algorithm to
a data stream
15. Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor
Automatic Packet Position Reporting System
17. Effects a
18. 10^-12 numerical prefix
Nordic Mobile Telephone
22. Ceramic Dual Inline Package
25. Measure a waveform at regular intervals
Change Order, abbr.
28. Base of the binary system
Stock symbol for Dell Computer
35. Digital information
39. Instrument for measuring current
40. Named a software
41. Closed Circuit Television
42. Half of the diameter,
44. Type of high frequency circuit substrate, abbr.
45. Automated Test Equipment
47. Component of product cost,
49. Like many heat sinks
51. One bit at a time
54. The capacitive addition to an antenna is called a ___ hat
56. International Amateur Radio Union
58. Type of plot used
for antenna patterns
60. Atomic theorist ____ Dalton
Type of computer display
63. Truncated a microstrip line
64. The design component of total product cost, abbr.
66. Third largest asteroid
of spread spectrum, abbr.
1. British scientist ... Newton
2. Electromagnetic Pulse
3. The "E" in BER
4. System On
5. Its chemical symbol is Fe
6. Rubber or plastic
device use to protect cables passing through a chassis
Go from solid to liquid phase
8. Applied Computational Sciences,
10. Leading and trailing edge frequency variation of
a CW pulse
11. Relative power level unit, abbr.
19. Networks International Corporation, abbr.,
manufacturer of custom RF & microwave filters, Overland
21. Crystal filter type
23. Inductor vendor
24. Applied a voltage
25. Applies a force to a structure
26. One who creates software versions of semiconductors
Data conversion device, abbr.
30. Electromagnetic compatibility,
31. Stock symbol for Lockheed Martin
34. Voltage-current phase mnemonic
___-AZIMUTH telescope mount
37. Test Equipment Connection,
in Lake Mary, FL
38. Data conversion device, abbr.
2-element, 1/2 wavelength antenna fed at the center, pl.
46. Test Equipment Connection, in Lake Mary, FL
program to bring electricity to farms, abbr.
layer of an electrolytic capacitor
50. RF component supplier
52. Small representative graphics
lingo for a digital I/O conductor, pl.
54. Electronic assembly
57. Logic family
58. Peak Inverse Voltage
59. Government program to bring
electricity to farms, abbr.
61. Stock symbol for Harris Communications