5/9/2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
4. Greek letter
9. Imaging device, abbr., pl.
13. Specialized Mobile Radio
14. Apply an FEC algorithm to a data stream
15. Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor
16. Automatic Packet Position Reporting System
17. Effects a temperature reduction
18. 10^-12 numerical prefix
20. Nordic Mobile Telephone
22. Ceramic Dual Inline Package
25. Measure a waveform at regular intervals
27. Engineering Change Order, abbr.
28. Base of the binary system
29. Stock symbol for Dell Computer
35. Digital information
39. Instrument for measuring current
40. Named a software object
41. Closed Circuit Television
42. Half of the diameter, pl.
44. Type of high frequency circuit substrate, abbr.
45. Automated Test Equipment
47. Component of product cost, abbr.
49. Like many heat sinks
51. One bit at a time
54. The capacitive addition to an antenna is called a ___ hat
56. International Amateur Radio Union
58. Type of plot used for antenna patterns
60. Atomic theorist ____ Dalton
62. Type of computer display
63. Truncated a microstrip line
64. The design component of total product cost, abbr.
65. Network configuration
66. Third largest asteroid
67. Class of spread spectrum, abbr.
1. British scientist ... Newton
2. Electromagnetic Pulse
3. The "E" in BER
4. System On Chip
5. Its chemical symbol is Fe
6. Rubber or plastic device use to protect cables passing through a chassis
7. Go from solid to liquid phase
8. Applied Computational Sciences, abbr.
10. Leading and trailing edge frequency variation of a CW pulse
11. Relative power level unit, abbr.
12. Place into memory
19. Networks International Corporation, abbr., manufacturer of custom RF & microwave filters, Overland Park, KS
21. Crystal filter type
23. Inductor vendor
24. Applied a voltage
25. Applies a force to a structure
26. One who creates software versions of semiconductors
29. Data conversion device, abbr.
30. Electromagnetic compatibility, abbr.
31. Stock symbol for Lockheed Martin
33. Amateur Radio Association
34. Voltage-current phase mnemonic
36. ___-AZIMUTH telescope mount
37. Test Equipment Connection, in Lake Mary, FL
38. Data conversion device, abbr.
43. 2-element, 1/2 wavelength antenna fed at the center, pl.
46. Test Equipment Connection, in Lake Mary, FL
48. Government program to bring electricity to farms, abbr.
49. Conductive layer of an electrolytic capacitor
50. RF component supplier (now L3-COM)
52. Small representative graphics
53. Lab lingo for a digital I/O conductor, pl.
54. Electronic assembly transport container
57. Logic family
58. Peak Inverse Voltage
59. Government program to bring electricity to farms, abbr.
61. Stock symbol for Harris Communications