5/17/2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Major opamp IC manufacturer headquartered
in Norwood, MA
9. Cable termination type
10. Using the
moon as a passive reflector to establish a signal path; moonbounce,
12. Audio Frequency
14. Network department, abbr.
15. Plasma atmosphere layer of the sun, pl.
symbol for calcium
20. Chemical symbol for aluminum
Japanese semiconductor & equipment manufacturer
of project boxes
24. End of soldering iron
26. Gun safety
and education organization, abbr.
27. Send information
29. Binary Coded Decimal
32. Geometrical body, similar to
a prism, that has end faces with the same number of sides but
which are not equal
34. Stock symbol for Advanced Micro Devices
35. Sent a message via Morse Code
37. Positive voltage lead
38. Chemical symbol for lithium
39. Stock symbol
40. Transceiver, abbr.
41. Chemical symbol
42. Cooling device
43. Rádio Nacional de Angola,
45. Upper Sideband
47. High-speed logic family
49. Negation prefix
50. Data transmission pathway
Greek letter (micro)
52. Infrared, abbr.
symbol for gold
55. Modulation type, abbr.
57. Unit of
58. Radio navigation reference signal, pl.
60. Greek letter
61. Chemical symbol
62. Morse Code for "from"
63. Decimeter, abbr.
65. Finite Element Analysis, abbr.
66. Amateurese for "wife"
68. Special diode that can be switched, abbr.
70. Radio Frequency
71. 30 Hz to 300 Hz
72. Archaic unit
73. Home state of Los Alamos lab
75. Unit of
77. Mechanical engineering group, abbr.
Chemical symbol for argon
79. Networks International Corporation,
abbr., manufacturer of custom RF & microwave filters, Overland
81. Joined a male and a female connector
Ham's code for "Answer in prearranged order."
85. Went beyond
89. Metal parts engineers, abbr. pl.
90. Not external
93. Semiconductor lamp
94. User Datagram
96. Common average used for sinewaves
98. Chemical symbol for erbium
symbol for rhodium
101. Measured a waveform at regular intervals
103. Type of current flow
104. European equivalent to the
105. Switch position
107. Permeability-Tuned Oscillator
108. Ionized trails of meteors used as a reflecting media, 2
1. Consequence of under sampling
2. Mate to a bolt
3. Chemical symbol for silver
5. European equivalent to the U.L.
6. Electromagnetic compatibility, abbr.
7. Physical barrier,
8. Capacitor dielectric type
11. Protective covering
13. Enrico _____, nuclear physicist
15. Describes the action
of cleaving a crystal plane
16. Opposite of I.D.
18. Half of a DIP
20. Connector vendor headquartered
in Bristol, PA
22. Software drafting tool, abbr.
symbol for bismuth
25. Chemical symbol for praseodymium
26. Type of logic gate
28. Entity created by virtue of a
changing electric field
29. Chemical symbol for beryllium
30. Super glue
31. Morse Code for "from"
33. An electrical
specification for a motor when it is first started
36. Ham abbreviation for "distant station"
42. Type of numerical transform used in electronics
symbol for radon
44. Army-Navy spec
46. Type of ground
48. Constellation : The scales
50. Data transmission
51. Multiplexer, abbr.
53. Government program
to bring electricity to farms, abbr.
54. Logic gate
Wire diameter unit
64. Performed a quantum event by penetrating
a seemingly impassable barrier
66. Chemical symbol for xenon
67. 30 kHz to 300 kHz
69. Circuit configuration whereby current
from a source flows through multiple paths
74. A circuit
that takes two or more input signals, and produces an output
that includes the sum and difference of those signal frequencies
76. Surface mount, abbr.
of North American Radio Clubs
80. Imaging device, abbr.
82. Modulation type, abbr.
83. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
84. Ham's code for "The net has traffic for you. Stand by."
86. Type of reconfigurable memory, abbr.
87. Chemical symbol
88. Direct Digital Synthesis
91. Unit of time
92. Electrical enclosure
company in Rochester, MN
95. Last stage in a transmitter,
96. One component of a complex number, abbr.
High Frequency Electronics magazine, abbr.
102. Last stages
103. Automated Test Equipment
107. Chemical symbol for platinum