4/20/2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Type of capacitor dielectric
5. Special diode that can be switched, abbr.
7. One possible
go-no-go test result
11. Lowest operational frequency of
13. Set a steady-state voltage
14. Test equipment,
15. CW signal onto which information is modulated
18. Army-Navy spec
19. Do a total memory transfer
Brand of hobby knife
22. Wireline(tm) maker in Hollis, NH
23. Application Specific Integrated Circuit, abbr.
the action of cleaving a crystal plane
26. Digital Enhanced
27. Chemical symbol for aluminum
Amateur radio abbreviation for the Oceania region
equivalent to the U.L.
30. 3 MHz to 30 MHz
34. Permeability-Tuned Oscillator
36. Time division duplex,
39. Like carbon batteries
40. Electronic warfare
41. The system than converts common website
names to IP addresses, abbr.
42. Imaging device, abbr.
43. Chemical symbol for terbium
45. Chemical symbol for silver
46. Network department, abbr.
47. Opposite of I.D.
Small representative graphic
51. Automatic Level Control
53. Internet mail protocol, abbr.
56. High frequency semiconductor,
57. Negatively doped silicon
59. Trims a piece of
Kapton tape to length
60. Chemical symbol for strontium
61. Angle described by hyp/opp
63. Chemical symbol for nickel
64. Produce an equation from empirical data
66. The "D" in
68. Short for synchronous
69. Java server pages, abbr.
70. Boolean expressions
1. Type of inductance found in transformers
2. Things in a bill of material
3. Chemical symbol for cobalt
4. Automatic Frequency Control
6. Method of mathematically
7. Type of digital filter, abbr.
A common battery cell size
9. British scientist of falling
10. Component of volume
Beryllium oxide symbol
16. Radio Amateurs of Canada
Defense electronics company in Ft. Wayne, IN
20. Ratio of
circumference to diameter
22. Chemical symbol for selenium
24. Waveguide manufacturer in Edinburg, VA
26. Recovers the
modulation from the RF signal
27. RF component distributor
31. The "F" in EMF
32. Exponent that returns the original
33. International Reply Coupon
34. It can follow
35. Logic gates
37. Type of data conversion device,
38. Decibels above or below a dipole antenna, abbr.
44. Sets a steady-state voltage
47. Science of light transmission
50. Unix, Linux or Windows
51. Capacitor manufacturer
in Huntington Station, NY
52. Characters Per Inch
55. Tweaked a filter for the correct response
57. Design component of total product cost, abbr.
statement in a BASIC program
61. A feedback scheme to level
out the receiver audio volume, abbr.
62. Electronics Industry
65. One port of an amplifier
symbol for radon