Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Test equipment that causes a meter
decrease (dip) when near resonant circuits, 3 wds.
symbol for lawrencium
9. Crystal filter type
a waveform at regular intervals
15. Heatsink feature
Modulation type, abbr.
19. RF ____, the world's best engineering
22. Local Oscillator
23. Unix, Linux
24. Majority carriers in p-type material
One port of an amplifier
28. RF connector manufacturer in
Rock Hill, SC
30. Chemical symbol for arsenic
symbol for tin
32. Semiconductor and calculator company,
33. Infrared, abbr.
35. A common battery cell size
37. Chemical symbol for molybdenum
38. The "E" in EHF
40. Logical negation operator
42. _____-Carlo analysis
44. Abbreviation for peak voltage
46. Opposite of a LO
47. Greek symbol commonly used to represent angles
51. 1e3 uV
52. Solder paste vendor in Lincoln,
55. Finite-Element Model
symbol for selenium
58. Type of screwdriver head
2. Precision landing system, abbr.
3. Constellation : The dragon
4. IC killer
symbol for tantalum
6. Modern battlefield technique, abbr.
7. Low risk estimate or action
10. Heat measuring instruments
12. Waveform limit definition, pl.
13. Unit of capacitance,
14. Front edge of a wing, abbr.
15. Type of nuclear
reaction that powers an atom bomb
16. Internet protocol,
18. Minutes of Use
20. Chemical symbol for chlorine
21. Common form of energy arising from the kinetic energy of
atoms and molecules
24. Chemical symbol for mercury
International phonetic alphabet letter "O"
29. RF attenuator maker, now owned by Aeroflex
34. One factor
of a polynomial
36. Heat sink vendor in Laconia, NH
Chemical symbol for xenon
41. Unit of resistance
45. Cambridge _____, technical book publisher
MHz to 30 MHz
49. Chemical symbol for plutonium
53. Miniature threaded RF connector
55. Foot, abbr.
56. Chemical symbol for erbium