December 16, 2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Metric system, abbr.
DIP package, abbr., pl.
9. 2 x SSB
12. Specialty connector
13. Scheduling graph types
14. A disk operation
16. RF coupler vendor in Bay Shore, NY
17. Surface mount,
18. Internet protocol, abbr.
19. RF passive device
manufacturer in Bay Shore, NY
20. A flip-flop input
They have units of degrees or radians
25. Add two or more
27. ESD protective apparel
28. Error checking scheme,
29. Electronic Numerical Integrater and Computer
31. It's the 'EM' in EMC
32. Shuttle Amateur Radio EXperiment
34. Amateur Television
36. The "G" in AWG
program to bring electricity to farms, abbr.
of a number that determines whether it is positive or negative
43. Solid figure that has every point on its surface equidistant
from its center
48. Microwave products supplier in San Jose,
49. Chemical symbol for thallium
51. Chemical symbol
52. Official engineering change document, abbr.,
53. One factor of a polynomial
54. The LM741 was the
57. Negative temperature coefficient,
58. Parameter that is a figure of merit for receiver
performance in presence of multiple signals, abbr., pl.
FCC Part 15 rules apply in this band
1. Co-channel rejection ratio, abbr.
2. Manufacturer of microwave substrate material
threaded RF connector, pl.
4. Switch configuration, abbr.
5. Original Equipment Manufacturer
6. Infrared, abbr.
7. Oscillator manufacturer in Whippany, NJ (abbr.)
9. Aerodynamic opposition to thrust
11. No insulation
12. Once around a circuit
15. 10^1 numerical prefix, pl.
21. Electromagnetic Pulse
22. Instrument for measuring hardness
24. The design component
of total product cost, abbr.
25. Chemical symbol for scandium
26. Megacycles, abbr.
27. Term for asymmetry of a statistical
30. 360 degrees of phase rotation
Transmit Incremental Tuning, abbr.
34. Chemical symbol for
35. Unit of apparent power, abbr.
36. Key feature
in a high level overvoltage protection device
approach radar, abbr.
39. Microwave products supplier in
San Jose, CA
40. One factor of a polynomial
symbol for Intel
42. Elemental compound used for microwave
frequency reference oscillators, abbr., pl.
43. Halves of
44. Slang for helicopter
45. Official engineering
change document, abbr., pl.
46. Move from cell to cell
47. IC killer
50. Filter type
51. Specialized mobile radio