December 1, 2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
2. Connector strain reliefs
Workplace safety group, abbr.
12. Chemical symbol for argon
13. Logic gates
14. Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier
landing system, abbr.
17. Stock symbol for Boeing
Type of current
20. Chemical symbol for selenium
program to bring electricity to farms, abbr.
of project boxes
23. Enhanced Graphics Adapter
reference to the air and void of space
28. Rechargeable battery
30. Chemical symbol for beryllium oxide
Synchronous Digital Hierarchy
33. Power supply vendor in
36. Chemical symbol for manganese
symbol for erbium
40. Minutes of Use
42. Rádio Nacional de Angola, abbr.
44. The "E" in EHF
46. Its chemical symbol is W
50. Type of distribution, squared
51. Communication between stations by reflecting the radio waves
off of the ionosphere
52. Automated Test Equipment
Chemical symbol for tantalum
55. Switch position
57. Resistor vendor in Berne, IN
of spread spectrum, abbr.
60. The design component of total
product cost, abbr.
61. Semiconductor and calculator company,
62. Co-channel rejection ratio
63. A bridge circuit
used for accurate electrical measurements, named after its inventor
1. Charge storage devices, English
3. A common battery cell size
4. Chemical symbol
5. Pertaining to the sun
6. Stock symbol
for Harris Communications
7. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
10. Chemical symbol for helium
EE design software
15. Parabolic antenna-to-waveguide interface
16. U.K. equivalent of the IEEE
19. Common gateway interface
22. Stock symbol for Boeing
24. Applied Computational Sciences,
26. Helium, iron, silicon, and uranium, for example
27. A class in Object Oriented Programming that is capable of
storing other objects
29. Type of data conversion device,
31. 1/6 inch printer's measure; Electromagnetic
34. In geometry, what kind of an angle has less than 90 degrees
35. Shorthand for liquid oxygen
38. Chemical symbol for radon
41. Coordinated Universal Time, abbr.
43. Basic element
45. Greek letter
47. One type of electron spin
port on a FET, pl.
49. Official Space Shuttle designation,
51. Type of cryptographic algorithm that takes a string
and converts it to a numeric code.
54. Amplifier Solutions
57. Cathode Ray Tube
58. Deutsche Industrie
59. Chemical symbol for scandium
61. Part of a FOR loop