Over 10,000 pages indexed!
redefining what an
engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Hobby & Fun
Airplanes and Rockets:
My personal hobby website
My daughter Sally's horse riding business website - lots of info
My son-in-law's dog training business
|10/24/2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle|
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. The "Ge" in SiGe
4. PNPs and NPNs
7. Army-Navy spec
15. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
17. Amateur Television
18. Unit of resistance
20. Chemical symbol for radon
22. Chemical symbol for lawrencium
23. Chemical symbol for thulium
25. Chemical symbol for lithium
26. International Reply Coupon
27. Semiconductor On Insulator, abbr.
28. World's only remaining superpower, abbr.
29. Cellphone band above DCS; Personal communication system
30. Unit of apparent power, abbr.
32. Chemical symbol for gallium
33. Chemical symbol for bismuth
35. Type of current
36. Low Noise Amplifier
38. Radio Direction Finding
40. C++, Java, BASIC, Fortran, etc.
41. Next best things to bearings
42. System established by the NTSC to adjust video display hue values
46. Its chemical symbol is Bk
51. Coordinated Universal Time, abbr.
53. Finite-Element Model
54. Chemical symbol for mendelevium
56. Chemical symbol for neptunium
59. Chemical symbol for gold
60. High voltage resistor manufacturer in Montreal, Quebec
61. International Telecommunications Union
62. Last statement in a BASIC program
63. Family of TTL logic
64. Unit of time
66. Chemical symbol for chromium
67. Ham abbreviation for "distant station"
69. Chemical symbol for platinum
70. Instruments for Industry, Ronkonkoma, NY, abbr.
72. Signal-to-noise ratio, abbr.
74. Chemical symbol for neon
75. Device for translating higher frequencies to lower frequencies
76. Chemical symbol for plutonium
80. Phenomenon which causes an object to vibrate in the presence of sound at a particular frequency
1. Numerical brightness of an image pixel
2. Chemical symbol for rubidium
3. Component composition, pl.
5. Type of flip-flop
6. Filter that rejects lower and higher frequencies
9. 1e-6 mA
10. Official Space Shuttle designation, abbr.
11. 1.602E-19 Joules
12. Local Oscillator
13. The unit of electrical resistance
14. Surface mount, abbr.
16. Antenna structure that connects directly to the feed line
19. An abrupt change in a parametric value
21. Gun safety and education organization, abbr.
22. Basis for decibels, abbr.
24. Degree of IC sophistication
25. Display type
31. Motorola's "Digital ___"
34. RF systems company in Rochester, NY, abbr. (now owned by GE)
36. Chemical symbol for lutetium
37. Chemical symbol for silver
38. Chemical symbol for ruthenium
39. Femtohenry, abbr.
42. A type of filter designed using the image method
43. Chemical symbol for ruthenium
44. Unit of heat
45. Type of current flow
46. Interference caused by a station operating on an adjacent channel
47. Part of this website's title
48. Send Morse Code
49. 1/6 inch printer's measure; Electromagnetic
50. It is the "M" in SMA
52. Unintended frequency products from a mixer
55. Logarithmic units of power
56. Negative temperature coefficient, abbr.
58. Ham's code for "You are excused from the net."
59. Application Service Provider, abbr.
65. Organization for former military members
68. Antenna, abbr.
70. Galilean moon
71. One port of an amplifier
72. Chemical symbol for strontium
73. One component of a complex number, abbr.
77. Chemical symbol for thallium
78. Chemical symbol for manganese