9/14/2007 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2007 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. The "C" in CMOS
12. Small Office/Home
13. Part of a heatsink
15. Electromagnetic, abbr.
17. Unit of time, abbr.
18. Arithmetic Logic Unit
Chemical symbol for neodymium
21. Chemical symbol for chlorine
22. Transformer interwinding connection
24. Chemical symbol
25. Chemical symbol for francium
27. A component
28. Electronic warfare defense, abbr.
symbol for einsteinium
30. us / 1000
31. A resistor manufacturer
in Boone, NC
32. Logic gate
33. Stock symbol for Boeing
35. Stock symbol for Lockheed Martin
37. Last stage in a
39. Network department, abbr.
an amplifier's ability to endure extreme VSWR
45. Premier zero-phase-hit oscillator vendor
in Rockleigh, NJ
46. Proportion of two numbers
chemical symbol is C
50. Recent evolutionary appendage of
most teenagers, pl.
package type for miniature components, pl.
54. Keyboard key
56. Chemical symbol for tin
57. PC follower
58. Time Division
60. Chemical symbol for praseodymium
63. Gun safety and education organization, abbr.
64. Test Equipment Connection, in Lake Mary, FL
symbol for Boeing
66. Electronics manufacturer with "meatball"
67. Defense contractor in Fort Wayne, IN
symbol for erbium
69. Picohenry, abbr.
71. One state of
73. Band between RF and BB
75. Opposite of a LO
76. Image file type
78. Asynchronous Communication Interface
80. It equals 1/2*m*v^2
2. Unix, Linux or Windows
4. Personal Handyphone System
5. It injects into
a mixer, abbr.
6. 1/000 of an inch
7. A measure of receiver
8. Add solder to tip of iron
9. Logic gate
10. Type of flip-flop
11. Ionized trails of meteors used
as a reflecting media, 2 wds.
14. The "E" in ESD
of automated software commands
18. Asynchronous Digital Subscriber
19. Ultra Fine Pitch Technology, abbr.
21. Unit used
in the measurement of radioactivity
23. Related to FM by
24. European equivalent to the U.L.
Part of this website's name
27. Opposite of a LO
34. Provider of services for telecommunications systems
36. Metal parts engineer, abbr.
38. Name for a negatively charged ion
Digital transmission figure of merit, abbr.
42. Unit of weight
43. Once around a closed course
44. Charged particle
49. One component of a complex number, abbr.
3rd rock from the sun
54. Pull an object across the desktop
with the mouse
55. Wire crimp connector type, pl.
Type of current
60. Chemical symbol for lead
symbol for iron
63. Chemical symbol for nickel
of switching diode
70. High Frequency Electronics magazine,
72. Automatic Frequency Control
74. Type of digital filter
and calculator company, abbr.
77. Foot, abbr.
79. Chemical symbol for silver