8/20/2007 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2007 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Type of oscillator, abbr.
Stock symbol for Texas Instruments
4. Chemical symbol for
5. Substrate for mounting components, abbr.
Unit of inductance, abbr.
10. Chemical symbol for silver
11. Pseudomorphic high-electron-mobility transistor, abbr.
12. Frequency pass range of a filter, abbr.
symbol for niobium
16. Indium phosphide, abbr.
and calculator company, abbr.
19. Directions for verifying
proper function, abbr.
21. A measure of linearity and spectral
23. Change in the carrier frequency of a FM transmitter
produced by the modulating signal
24. Miniature RF connector
25. BlackBerry, Jordana, etc., abbr.
26. Chemical symbol
28. Amateur Radio Association
30. Chemical symbol
31. Galilean moon
32. Connector attachment
33. Army-Navy spec
34. Synchronous Digital Hierarchy
36. Frequency division duplex, abbr.
37. The voltage point
of a BJT discovered by the man after whom it is named
Determined the period between events
43. Elementary particle
44. ECM response
45. Short for synchronous
48. RF Integrated
52. International phonetic alphabet letter "I"
53. _____-Kutta method of differential equations
56. Applied Computational Sciences, abbr.
58. Chemical symbol for radon
59. Has a positive phase wrt
62. Opposite of a LO
63. Chemical symbol for
64. Grade given to a successful go-nogo test
67. Type of flip flop
68. Having a ferromagnetic
70. Narrowband Advanced Mobile Phone System
76. Unix, Linux or Windows
81. 1e3 uV
82. Chemical symbol for neon
84. Chemical symbol for selenium
85. Part of
a FOR loop
87. Unit of current
88. Ratio of circumference
89. Rádio Nacional de Angola, abbr.
voltage lead color
1. Unit of capacitance, abbr.
4. Computer monitor cable type, abbr.
6. Binary star system nearest to earth
Graphics file extension
9. Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor
10. Determination of cause and effect
13. Gold conductor
connection to a die
15. Components in a parts list
19. Agilent's EE design software
Type of wire insulation
21. End of soldering iron
Motorola's Digital ___
27. Current summing point
manufacturer in East Rockaway, NY
29. A non-commercial radio
service as set by a recognized cognizant government agency,
30. Computer Assisted Design and Development
Amateur radio enthusiast
36. Finite-Element Model
Chemical symbol for ruthenium
39. Its signal is injected
into a mixer, abbr.
41. RF__, SO__, MM__, etc.
equivalent of MHz
45. Signal-to-Noise Ratio
46. Unit of
47. Chemical symbol for nickel
50. One port of an amplifier
Grid Array, abbr.
52. Charged particles
54. Radar return
55. Numerical quantity that is not a whole number
57. Trigonometric shape
59. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
60. Amplifier Solutions Corporation, of Colmar, PA, abbr.
61. A measure of receiver sensitivity, abbr.
64. Max or min
voltage of a waveform
65. Electronics manufacturer with "meatball"
67. Prefix for semiconductor PNs for military use
69. U.S. military agency, abbr.
71. A common battery cell
72. RF systems company in Rochester, NY
phonetic alphabet letter "P"
74. Junk e-mail
symbol for argon
77. Adjust a pot
79. Total Radiated Power
80. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
81. Degree of IC sophistication
86. Logic gate
88. Chemical symbol for palladium
|More than 8,000 searchable pages indexed.
Your RF Cafe
Progenitor & Webmaster
Blattenberger ... single-handedly redefining what an engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Airplanes and Rockets:
My daughter Sally's
horse riding website