6/11/2007 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2007 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Transfers a signal by EM interaction
6. RF Modules vendor in Sunnyvale, CA
8. The BlackBerry,
for example, abbr.
9. Acknowledge a receipt, Ham term
11. Network department, abbr.
13. _____-Kutta for differential
16. Test point, abbr.
17. Add solder to tip
18. Hybrid coupler vendor in East Syracuse, NY
19. One component of a complex number, abbr.
21. 10^1 numerical prefix
22. Chemical symbol for bismuth
23. Chemical symbol for argon
24. Chemical symbol for selenium
25. European equivalent to the U.L.
26. Chemical symbol for
27. Nanohenry, abbr.
28. Ring shaped
Communication Interface Adapter, abbr.
31. Chemical symbol
32. Chemical symbol for lutetium
34. Type of current
35. Type of current
38. Put into motion
41. Chemical symbol for aluminum
Institute of Technology, abbr.
43. Chemical symbol for neodymium
44. 1E6 nanoseconds
45. Metal parts engineer, abbr.
47. Start frequency, abbr.
48. Chemical symbol
49. Last stage in a transmitter, abbr.
53. A receiver figure of merit, abbr.
54. Infrared, abbr.
55. A trigonometry function, pl.
Chemical symbol for dysprosium
58. Coordinated Universal
59. Unit of current
61. The "Ga" in GaAs
62. Mixer manufacturer in Woburn, MA
1. Damping at which no overshoot or
undershoot exists, 2 wds.
2. An electron spin
Digital Cellular, abbr.
4. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
5. Circuit for multiplying a number by itself
7. Radio receiver scheme which beats or heterodynes
a second radio frequency to the incoming radio signals
Signal-to-noise ratio, abbr.
12. Half of a DIP
symbol for radon
14. Electronic Numerical Integrater and
15. Capacitor dielectric type, pl.
Movement of an inferior planet across the face of the sun
18. A common battery cell size
21. Isotope of hydrogen that
has a mass around twice that of the normal isotope
symbol for tin
25. Chemical symbol for calcium
36. 2/3 of a triac, pl.
37. A component of YAG
38. RF filter & components manufacturer in Garfield,
39. Chemical symbol for cadmium
40. Chemical symbol
47. Chemical symbol for francium
after a MS degree
51. Antenna, abbr.
52. Chemical symbol
56. Stock symbol for Lockheed Martin
60. Ratio of circumference to diameter
|More than 8,000 searchable pages indexed.
Your RF Cafe
Progenitor & Webmaster
Blattenberger ... single-handedly redefining what an engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Airplanes and Rockets:
My daughter Sally's
horse riding website