Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2007 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Mechanical engineering group,
4. Decibels above or below a dipole antenna, abbr.
6. Amplitude Shift Keying
7. A compiler directive
Specific Integrated Circuit, abbr.
13. Substrate for mounting
components, abbr., pl.
15. Coaxial attenuator manufacturer
in Columbus, IN
18. Last stage in a transmitter, abbr.
19. Chemical symbol for arsenic
20. Positive voltage lead
22. Be behind in phase
23. Russian space probes
which visited Halley's comet
24. Attenuator topology
International phonetic alphabet letter "L"
28. Increase voltage
30. Electrical overstress, abbr.
33. Start frequency, abbr.
34. Type of current flow
37. Ratio between the maximum change in RF-carrier frequency
and the highest modulating frequency used in an FM transmitter,
40. The "T" in TE
41. A disk operation
44. Color quality
45. Type of
digital filter, abbr.
46. Name given to the quotient of the
sum of several quantities and their number
1. Colorado Springs military school,
2. Snail and E are examples of this
3. Speed required
to break away from a celestial body's gravitational attraction
4. 10^-1 numerical prefix
5. Class of spread spectrum, abbr.
8. Direct sequence and frequency hopping are two examples of
10. Crystal filter type
Satellite TV system, abbr.
14. Beryllium oxide symbol
16. American space agency
17. Universal Asynchronous Transmit/Receive
21. Morse Code for "from"
22. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
26. Network department, abbr.
27. American National Standards
28. RF computer network, abbr.
symbol for mendelevium
32. U.K. equivalent of the IEEE
33. Method for moving data files between computers
checking scheme, abbr.
36. Voice of America
dialing scheme, abbr.
38. Measure of source/load match, abbr.
39. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Deutsche Industrie Normenausschuss