Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2007 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Electromagnetics software vendor
5. Minutes of Use, abbr.
8. Chemical symbol for bromine
9. Compact Fluorescent Light
11. Illumination device
Internet address, abbr.
15. Fairchild Advanced Schottky TTL
17. Network department, abbr.
18. What an incandescent bulb
19. BER, 8 bits at a time
20. Switch position
21. International phonetic alphabet letter "O"
Nacional de Angola, abbr.
24. Slang for integrated circuit
27. Outer space, archaic term
30. Cause to decrease in magnitude
31. 10^2 numerical prefix
33. Encased in a protective covering
34. Compliments the retinal cone
40. Amateur Radio Association
changing portion of waveform
45. Unit of time, abbr.
Short for synchronous
48. Maximum Usable Frequency
Total Access Communication System
51. Space between arcing
53. Chemical symbol for neodymium
55. Number in a series of numbers such that there
are as many numbers above it as below it in the series
1. Ham radio organization
symbol for scandium
3. Switch position
in a die surface
5. 1E6 bits per second
6. One port of
7. Electrical safety organization, abbr.
8. A semi-automatic mechanical code key
10. UMTS Terrestrial
12. The "B" in BCD
14. Local Oscillator
16. One winding of a transformer
20. Exponent that returns
the original number
21. Regarding light
22. Have a chemically
23. Moon of Saturn discovered in 1672
Left-____ or Right-___ Rule
26. Defense electronics company
in Ft. Wayne, IN
28. Logic family
29. Inline code
36. Code used in cryptographic works
37. Useful distance between Tx and RxX
39. Receiver power
level detection circuitry, abbr.
42. Decimeter, abbr.
43. Type of microwave diode
44. Solder paste vendor in Lincoln,
45. Substrate for mounting components, abbr.
52. Ratio of circumference