Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2007 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Electromagnetics software
5. Minutes of Use, abbr.
8. Chemical symbol for bromine
9. Compact Fluorescent Light
13. Internet address, abbr.
15. Fairchild Advanced Schottky TTL
17. Network department, abbr.
18. What an incandescent bulb does
19. BER, 8 bits at a time
20. Switch position
21. International phonetic
alphabet letter "O"
23. Rádio Nacional de Angola, abbr.
24. Slang for integrated circuit
27. Outer space,
30. Cause to decrease in magnitude
31. 10^2 numerical prefix
33. Encased in a protective
34. Compliments the retinal cone
38. Network department, abbr.
40. Amateur Radio
41. Quickly changing portion of waveform
45. Unit of time, abbr.
46. Short for synchronous
48. Maximum Usable Frequency
49. Total Access Communication System
51. Space between arcing electrodes
53. Chemical symbol for neodymium
54. Antenna gain unit
55. Number in a series of numbers such that there
are as many numbers above it as below it in the series
1. Ham radio organization
Chemical symbol for scandium
3. Switch position
4. Imperfections in a die surface
5. 1E6 bits per second
6. One port of an amplifier
7. Electrical safety organization, abbr.
8. A semi-automatic mechanical code
10. UMTS Terrestrial Radio Access
12. The "B" in BCD
14. Local Oscillator
16. One winding of a
20. Exponent that returns the original number
21. Regarding light
22. Have a chemically induced
23. Moon of Saturn discovered in 1672
25. Left-____ or Right-___ Rule
26. Defense electronics
company in Ft. Wayne, IN
28. Logic family
29. Inline code
32. Electrical Overstress
36. Code used
in cryptographic works
37. Useful distance between Tx and RxX
39. Receiver power level detection circuitry,
42. Decimeter, abbr.
43. Type of microwave diode
44. Solder paste vendor in Lincoln, RI
Substrate for mounting components, abbr.
47. Software drafting tool
52. Ratio of
circumference to diameter