|12/25/2007 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle |
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2007 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Electric eye
9. Angular speed unit, abbr.
10. PCB through connection
12. Type of chart
14. Rádio Nacional de Angola, abbr.
16. Fan vendor in San Ysidro, CA,
17. Company that makes test cables, Everett, WA
18. Opposite of I.D.
19. Peripheral Component Interface
21. Min-to-max voltage of a waveform
22. European equivalent to the U.L.
23. American equivalent of C.E.
24. The largest asteroid
25. Summation symbol
26. Type of IC package, pl.
28. Radio term for indicating the end of a transmission segment
29. International phonetic alphabet letter "I"
32. Forerunner to NASA
33. Unit of time
34. Chemical symbol for praseodymium
35. Home state of Los Alamos lab
36. Max or min voltage of a waveform
37. Total Radiated Power
40. Chemical symbol for selenium
41. Electronics manufacturer with "meatball" logo
43. Component of product cost, abbr.
45. Common battery cell size
46. Executable software
49. Audio Frequency
50. Yard, abbr.
51. Family of TTL logic
52. Radar display, abbr.
53. Test Point or Toilet Paper
54. Chemical symbol for cesium
55. Infrared, abbr.
56. Picohenry, abbr.
57. Type of current flow
58. Chemical symbol for tantalum
60. One port of an amplifier
62. Chemical symbol for helium
63. Portion of signal not transmitted to the load
68. Greek letter (micro)
69. Modulation type, abbr.
70. Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier
71. Fixed size group of bits
72. Modern battlefield technique, abbr.
73. 1e-6 mA
76. Colpitts, Armstrong, Hartley, etc.
77. The part of a circle enclosed between an arc and a chord
83. The fourth state of matter, pl.
88. One state of matter
89. Data storage units
90. Maximum Usable Frequency
91. Oscillator manufacturer in Whippany, NJ (abbr.)
2. Vacuum amplifier tubes
3. Infinite resistance
4. Decimeter, abbr.
5. Boob tube
6. Antenna radiated power measurement, abbr.
7. Second brightest star
8. Type of component attachment format, 2 wds.
11. Concentric transmission line
13. Networks International Corporation, abbr., manufacturer of custom RF & microwave filters, Overland Park, KS
15. Amplifier vendor in Philadelphia, PA
19. 10^-12 numerical prefix
20. Stock symbol for Intel
26. Coaxial cable/connector manufacturer headquartered in München
27. Marconi's transmitter configuration, 2 wds.
30. Stock symbol for National Semiconductor
31. Innovative Power Products, Holbrook, NY, abbr.
38. Solder type cable termination manufacturer, now owned by Tyco
39. PCB areas for mounting circuit components
40. Joined two wires together
42. One port on a BJT
43. Stock symbol for National Instruments
44. Mixer vendor in Sacramento, CA
48. Angular speed unit, abbr.
56. Representation of a sine wave whose amplitude, phase, and frequency are time-invariant
57. Length times width, pl.
61. Engineering firm in Middletown, OH, that provides RF subsystem design services
64. Femtofarad, abbr.
65. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
66. Pure carrier, abbr.
67. Part of a FOR loop
73. Chemical symbol for nobelium
75. 1E6 nanoseconds
78. Global System for Mobile Communications
79. Minutes of Use, abbr.
80. 30 Hz to 300 Hz
81. Chemical symbol for nickel
82. Time delay, abbr.
83. Picofarad, abbr.
84. Chemical symbol for lithium
85. Automatic Level Control
86. Adjust a pot
87. Degree of IC sophistication