Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2007 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Female U.S. Naval admiral who coined the term "bug" for software problems
7. Chemical symbol for erbium
9. Scheme used by aircraft to land in low visibility conditions, abbr.
12. Simulation of a system
14. Connector vendor in St. Louis, bought by FCI
16. International phonetic alphabet letter "P"
17. 1.602E-19 Joules
18. A number that can be expressed as a/b
21. One component of a complex number, abbr.
22. Exponent that returns the original number
23. Electronics manufacturer with "meatball" logo
24. A time reckoning standard, abbr.
25. Palm Pilot or Blackberry, abbr.
29. Min-to-max voltage of a waveform
30. Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor
31. Type of current flow
33. Describes a smart filter
36. Nanohenry, abbr.
37. Have a positive phase wrt a reference
38. Wireline(tm) maker in Hollis, NH
40. Engineer who experimented with extremely high voltages
42. System On Chip
43. Picofarad, abbr.
45. Composed of crystals
2. Chemical symbol for argon
3. Base 12 number system
4. Logic gate
6. Optical communications transmission medium
8. Group of data to be saved
10. The "L" in ALC
11. Chemical symbol for strontium
12. ELI the ICE ___
13. Resistor manufacturer in Yankton, SD
15. Parameter of a filter that increases with order
16. Chemical symbol for polonium (a popular poisoning agent for the KGB)
19. Antenna, abbr.
20. Test Equipment Connection, in Lake Mary, FL
25. A Greek letter
26. Logarithmic unit of voltage
27. International phonetic alphabet letter "T"
28. Units of liquid measure
29. Programmable logic devices, abbr.
32. One of the "Cs" in CRC
34. A common battery cell size
35. Chemical symbol for palladium
39. Chemical symbol for arsenic
41. Colorado Springs military school, abbr.
43. Chemical symbol for platinum
44. Semiconductor and calculator company, abbr.