Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2007 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
2. 1/000 of an amp
4. The "E"
8. Min-to-max voltage of a waveform, abbr.
Shuttle Amateur Radio EXperiment
13. Length times width,
16. 10^2 numerical prefix
17. Physical quantity defined
as being the work done per unit time
18. RF passive device
manufacturer in Bay Shore, NY
20. This often uses bullets
22. Less than
24. Plane geometric figure that has eight straight
27. Chemical symbol for silicon
28. Chemical symbol
29. Abbreviation for polypropylene
symbol for mendelevium
31. Multivibrator type
of one heavenly body by another
37. Loose end of a cable
38. RF computer network, abbr.
39. One port on a FET
A not-for-profit systems engineering company headquartered in
46. Wireless IC company bought by Sirenza in
2002 (which was bought by RFMD in 2007)
changes the oscillator frequency
48. Unit of time
Sounding device vehicles
50. Surface mount, abbr.
1. Software engineering tool, abbr.
2. Top layers of an IC that connect the circuit elements
3. Leaded component type
4. "The father of the atomic bomb"
5. Type of capacitor
6. Convergence point on Vce axis of
collector current curves
7. Mathematical expansion
Fan vendor in Farmington, CT
9. Its chemical symbol is Pa
10. British Aerospace Electronics
11. Chemical symbol for
12. Chemical symbol for radon
14. Modern battlefield
15. Chemical symbol for strontium
One component of a complex number, abbr.
21. Integrated Circuit
22. Solid State PA
23. Unit of CPU speed
25. Units of
26. Current summing point
32. VHF, UHF, ISM,
33. Chemical symbol for lithium
symbol for chlorine
36. LEDs, incandescents, fluorescents,
39. Ham abbreviation for "distant station"
program to bring electricity to farms. abbr.
43. Chemical symbol for thallium
44. 30 Hz
to 300 Hz
45. Type of flip-flop