Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2007 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
Minimum Shift Keying
5. Symbol commonly used for angle
10. Unit of capacitance, abbr.
12. RF passive device manufacturer
in Bay Shore, NY
13. Heat sink vendor in Laconia, NH
15. Chemical symbol for palladium
stage in a transmitter, abbr.
18. Circuit for
generating 3x the input voltage
21. Unintended frequency
products from a mixer
22. International phonetic alphabet
23. Opposite of I.D.
26. A straight or curved continuous extent of length without
28. Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier
32. PN devices
35. Its chemical symbol is C
37. Trigonometry function for
opposite/adjacent sides ratio
symbol for cobalt
41. Greek symbol
42. Bit rate
Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation
47. Bias for turning
off a diode
49. Greek letter
50. Type of current
Shorthand for oxygen
52. Chemical symbol for erbium
The "E" in EHF
55. Software function selection mechanism
59. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
60. A type of time reference
61. Miniature threaded RF connector, pl.
symbol for gallium
2. 1/000 of an amp, abbr.
symbol for strontium
4. Greek letter
5. Item formerly
used for PCB layout
6. A class of subatomic particles that
are composed of quarks
7. 1.602E-19 Joules, abbr.
Ends of soldering irons
9. Between-series connector
Set of poles
11. Sends a file over a network
19. Half of the diameter, pl.
24. Digital Enhanced Cordless Telephone
26. Front edge of a wing, abbr.
27. Integrated Services Digital
29. Logarithmic ratio, abbr.
30. A fixed point
from which the distances to any point on a parabola are connected
by a linear relation
31. Positive electrode
34. Factor of ten, pl.
36. Common battery cell
39. City in Colorado
42. Light rays
symbol for argon
44. Wheel attachment point
star in Cetus
46. Temperature-Compensated crystal Oscillator
48. Fremont, CA based company that designs, develops and markets
high-performance, analog and mixed-signal silicon solutions
for the worldwide communications infrastructure.
symbol for thallium
56. Electromagnetic, abbr.
58. Unit of time, abbr.