Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2006 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Measure of voltage
9. Microprocessor manufacturer, abbr.
10. Unit of weight
12. Type of flip-flop
14. 1E6 nanoseconds
16. Sound in the hearing range, abbr.
18. Symbol for tin
20. 3 MHz
to 30 MHz
21. Start frequency, abbr.
22. Miniature threaded RF connector
24. One port of an amplifier
25. Number system of 1's and 0's
26. Major fax machine manufacturer
28. Nordic Mobile Telephone
navigation system, abbr.
32. Morse Code for "from"
33. Electronics manufacturer with "meatball" logo
34. Home state of Los Alamos lab
36. Unit of length, abbr.
37. A LP filter spec.
38. Type of chart
40. Modulation type
42. Logic family
43. Person responsible for program spending, abbr.
45. Channels used for satellite-to-earth communications
1. Powers pneumatic devices
The amount of matter that a body contains
3. Use a fine abrasive to achieve a tight tolerance
4. Type of
diode for high frequency and high power
5. Time Division Multiplexing
6. Touch-tone phone dialing scheme,
7. Electrical overstress, abbr.
11. Lowest range of system frequencies, pl.
15. Big Dipper and
17. Radio scheme invented by Edwin Armstrong
19. Type of aircraft dope
20. A plane geometric
figure having six straight sides and six angles
21. Upper frequency, abbr.
23. RF component distributor
24. Using diodes to build redundant power supplies
27. Archaic term for an outdoor antenna
29. Akin to an
EE, AE, SE or CE
31. Max or min voltage of a waveform
33. Part of a BASIC branching statement
37. Imaging device, abbr.
38. Initially used to describe cellular operators utilizing the
1800 MHz (DCS) band, abbr.
39. Electromagnetic Interference. abbr.
41. RF systems company in Rochester,
Reproduction of this puzzle without
the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.