7/28/2006 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2006 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Not passing production tests
7. Isolator, oscillator vendor
in Tampa, FL
11. Creates a beveled edge
13. A length of
transmission line that is open or shorted at one end
Positive voltage lead color
17. 10-Gb Attachment Units Interface,
20. Oscillator manufacturer in Whippany, NJ (abbr.)
21. Unix, Linux or Windows
23. 1E6 ns
24. Cathode Ray
25. Home state of Los Alamos lab
26. Part of a software
29. Volts divided by resistance
Electrode spacing in a spark arrestor
32. Millimeter, abbr.
33. Rare earth laser material
35. Symbol for helium
Graphics workshop software
and calculator company, abbr.
39. Parts ____, aka bill of
40. Unit of time, abbr.
41. Corneal receptor
that provides night vision
43. Asynchronous Communication
Interface Adapter, abbr.
45. An ellipse has two of them
46. Type of current flow
47. 12 in.
49. Number closely approximated by 377/120
50. Integrated Circuit, abbr.
51. Chemical formula for the
frequency-determining element in a microwave oscillator
Antenna power abbreviation, abbr.
55. Automatic Gain Control
57. Font without serifs
59. Antenna capacitive element
62. Type of multistranded magnet wire
63. Adjusted the specification
1. An RF band
2. Powers pneumatic devices
3. Action _____ are assigned in status meetings
5. Infrared, abbr.
6. Unit of time, abbr.
Type of flip-flop
9. Capacitor manufacturer in Huntington
10. Runge-_____ method
12. A BPF spec., abbr.
14. Branch of science involving the application of the laws
of physics to biological phenomena
15. Highly energetic atomic
nuclei or other particles travelling through space at a speed
approaching that of light
17. Form of radiation first observed
by the German physicist Roentgen
18. Asynchronous Transfer
19. Threaded metal device embedded in plastic
case to accepting a bolt
22. One port of a mixer
30. Angular distance between one event
and another in a regularly recurring cycle
31. One state
33. Spin on an axis
34. Chemical symbol for
36. Microelectronics manufacturer, abbr.
Ratio of circumference to diameter
39. LED, incandescent,
40. Peripheral Component Interface, abbr.
42. Number system using the digits 0 to 7
44. Type of digital
45. Electromagnetism in the visible spectrum
49. International phonetic alphabet letter "P"
that returns the original number
54. Galilean moon
Software engineering tool, abbr.
58. Symbol for tin
Test Equipment, abbr.
60. Logic gate
61. Time Delay, abbr.
Reproduction of this puzzle without the
express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.