Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2006 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. When multiplied by L, it yields the voltage across an inductor
4. Arithmetic Logic Unit
6. Electronics Industry Association
7. Greek letter
9. ECM response
13. Insulation type, abbr.
15. In a capacitor, the time rate of energy conversion into
heat when subjected to a changing electric field
18. An LP
filter spec., abbr.
20. Nordic Mobile Telephone
22. Current-voltage phase mnemonic
23. Charged particles
24. Circuit for firing a magnetron, abbr., pl.
25. Moon of
Saturn discovered in 1672
28. Remove excess heat
between stations by reflecting the radio waves off of the ionosphere
31. One port on a mixer
33. Opposite of I.D.
37. Rate needed to leave the Earth's gravitational
40. Cable television, abbr.
41. Used logic gates
to create redundant power supply connections
of Electrical Engineers (U.K)
44. Exponent that returns the
45. Miniature threaded RF connector
Provide a hermetic interface
1. Singulated piece of IC wafer
2. 10^-1 numerical
3. Large supplier of coaxial cable
4. Prefix for
5. A compiler directive
8. RF design
tool vendor in Espoo, Finland
10. CDMA Development Group,
11. Forward Error Correction
12. Add solder to tip
14. Modem encoding method, abbr.
17. Increase voltage linearly
21. Part of
a FOR loop
22. One port of an amplifier
26. Test equipment
manufacturer, now Agilent
27. Ad-hoc On-demand Distance Vector
29. Unix, Linux or Windows
32. Country where
RF Cafe is located
33. Original Equipment Manufacturer
35. Department Of Defense
36. 3-phase transformer configuration
37. Official engineering change document, abbr., pl.
Organization that creates standards for telephony, abbr.
39. Technical drawing structure
42. Keyboard key, abbr.
Reproduction of this puzzle without the
express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.