Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2006 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. A type of screwdriver
8. Miniature threaded RF connector,
9. PC follower
11. ___/IP communications protocol
12. Slang for capacitor
14. Move from cell-to-cell
17. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
19. Chemical symbol for arsenic
20. RF passive device manufacturer in
Bay Shore, NY
22. ISDN BRI channel
24. 30 kHz to 300 kHz
26. Section length through a circle
used to be called "the ether"
29. Unit of force, pl.
31. Name given to the quotient of the sum of several
quantities and their number
33. Chemical symbol for scandium
34. Basic element
36. Asynchronous Communication
38. Unit of time, abbr.
39. Halves of DIPs
41. Internet mail protocol, abbr.
Chemical symbol for strontium
45. Short video segment
49. Chemical symbol for silver
51. A length of transmission line that is open or shorted at one end
53. Elementary particles
of services for telecommunications systems in Switzerland
56. Official engineering change documents, abbr.
58. Chemical symbol for gadolinium
59. Network configuration
61. It can be found on the end of a potentiometer
or rotary switch shaft
63. Local Oscillator
64. Chemical symbol for erbium
66. Used logic gates
Motorola's Digital ___
68. Half of a DIP
69. Type of modulation, abbr.
72. Indication of quality of received
73. A non-commercial radio service as set by a recognized cognizant government agency, 2 wds.
1. Miniature RF connector, pl.
2. Transformer interwinding
3. Type of flip-flop
4. British scientist Sir _____ Newton
5. Chemical symbol for mercury
6. Has a positive phase wrt a reference
7. Chemical symbol for tantalum
8. A vibration where some particular
points remain fixed while others between them vibrate with the maximum amplitude
10. Test Equipment
Chemical symbol for calcium
13. A type of memory, abbr.
15. Shorthand for oxygen
16. Million samples
per second, abbr.
18. Branch of physics that specializes in the study of spectra
21. Length times width
23. Tie a group of cables with cord
24. Type of amplifier used in a receiver front-end, abbr.
25. More than
27. Data conversion device, abbr., pl.
30. Small DIP package
32. Battery cell chemistry type,
35. Multiprotocol Label Switching
37. Entity consisting of neutrons, protons, and electrons
Real estate where antennas and earth station equipment is located
42. Mate to a receptacle
44. Total Access
46. Isolator or circulator ferrous component
48. Department of Defense
50. A BASIC
52. Glue together
55. Lunar 'seas'
57. System for underwater navigation
60. One component
of a complex number, abbr.
62. Stock symbol for Boeing
63. High power density battery chemistry, abbr.
65. Part of this website's title
68. Semiconductor on Insulator, abbr.
70. 1/000 of an amp
symbol for plutonium
72. Chemical symbol for cadmium