12/7/2006 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2006 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
type of screwdriver
8. Miniature threaded RF connector, pl.
9. PC follower
11. ___/IP communications protocol
Slang for capacitor
14. Move from cell-to-cell
symbol for einsteinium
19. Chemical symbol for arsenic
20. RF passive device manufacturer in Bay Shore, NY
24. 30 kHz to 300 kHz
26. Section length through
28. It used to be called "the ether"
of force, pl.
31. Name given to the quotient of the sum of
several quantities and their number
33. Chemical symbol for
34. Basic element
36. Asynchronous Communication
38. Unit of time, abbr.
39. Halves of
41. Internet mail protocol, abbr.
43. Chemical symbol
45. Short video segment
49. Chemical symbol for silver
51. A length of transmission
line that is open or shorted at one end
53. Elementary particles
54. Provider of services for telecommunications systems in Switzerland
56. Official engineering change documents, abbr.
symbol for gadolinium
59. Network configuration
can be found on the end of a potentiometer or rotary switch
63. Local Oscillator
64. Chemical symbol for erbium
66. Used logic gates
67. Motorola's Digital ___
of a DIP
69. Type of modulation, abbr.
of quality of received message
73. A non-commercial radio
service as set by a recognized cognizant government agency,
RF connector, pl.
2. Transformer interwinding connection
3. Type of flip-flop
4. British scientist Sir _____ Newton
5. Chemical symbol for mercury
6. Has a positive phase wrt
7. Chemical symbol for tantalum
8. A vibration
where some particular points remain fixed while others between
them vibrate with the maximum amplitude
10. Test Equipment
12. Chemical symbol for calcium
13. A type of memory, abbr.
15. Shorthand for oxygen
16. Million samples per second,
18. Branch of physics that specializes in the study
21. Length times width
23. Tie a group of cables
24. Type of amplifier used in a receiver front-end,
25. More than one FET
27. Data conversion device,
30. Small DIP package
32. Battery cell chemistry
35. Multiprotocol Label Switching
consisting of neutrons, protons, and electrons
40. Real estate
where antennas and earth station equipment is located
Mate to a receptacle
44. Total Access Communication System
46. Isolator or circulator ferrous component
50. A BASIC program keyword
52. Glue together
55. Lunar 'seas'
57. System for underwater navigation
60. One component of a complex number, abbr.
62. Stock symbol
63. High power density battery chemistry, abbr.
65. Part of this website's title
68. Semiconductor on Insulator,
70. 1/000 of an amp
71. Chemical symbol for plutonium
72. Chemical symbol for cadmium
|More than 8,000 searchable pages indexed.
Your RF Cafe
Progenitor & Webmaster
Blattenberger ... single-handedly redefining what an engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Airplanes and Rockets:
My daughter Sally's
horse riding website