Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2006 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Antenna structure that connects directly to the feed line
10. Type of current flow
12. Special diode that can be switched
13. Chemical symbol for xenon
14. Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor
15. Filter vendor bought by Spectrum Microwave
16. Femtofarad, abbr.
18. Computer Assisted Design and Development
20. Global System for Mobile Communications
22. Last stage in a transmitter, abbr.
23. Forward Error Correction
24. Astronomical distance of 3.26 light years
26. A "1" or a "0"
27. Electromagnetic, abbr.
28. Asynchronous Transfer Mode
29. Semiconductor and calculator company, abbr.
30. Chemical symbol for polonium
31. Launch a satellite, slang
32. Chemical symbol for silicon
34. World's only remaining superpower
35. 1.602E-19 Joules
37. Test Point
38. Chemical symbol for zinc
39. Electrical safety organization, abbr.
41. Kilocycles, abbr.
42. Negation prefix
43. Chemical symbol for chromium
44. A common battery cell size
45. Chemical symbol for tantalum
47. Min-to-max voltage of a waveform
48. Unit of energy, or mechanical work
49. Next to
50. Automatic Gain Control
52. Channel used for earth-to-satellite communications
56. Keyboard key
57. Audio Frequency
59. Manufacturer of project boxes
61. Maker of high power attenuators in Solon, OH
63. Chemical symbol for radium
64. The inverse of exponentiation
65. Rádio Nacional de Angola, abbr.
67. Chemical symbol for nobelium
68. Base 16 numerical system
70. Chemical symbol for strontium
71. Responding to high temperatures, 2 wds.
1. Calculus operations
2. Network department, abbr.
3. Voltage-Controlled Oscillator
4. Chemical symbol for erbium
5. Fremont, CA based company that designs analog and mixed-signal silicon solutions for the worldwide communications infrastructure.
6. Semiconductor lamps
7. Millihenry, abbr.
8. High voltage resistor manufacturer in Montreal, Quebec
9. Government vehicular accident investigation group
10. Application Service Provider
11. Super glue
17. Finite-Element Model
18. Person responsible for program spending, abbr.
19. Morse Code for "from"
21. 1/000 of an inch
24. Positively doped silicon
25. Oscillator manufacturer in Whippany, NJ (abbr.)
28. ___-AZIMUTH telescope mount
30. Phase Shift Keying
32. Chemical symbol for tin
33. A subatomic particle that carries a fractional electric charge and is considered to be a building block of elementary particles
36. Voice of America
38. Chemical symbol for zirconium
40. Be behind in phase
43. Central Processing Unit
46. Computer monitor cable type, abbr.
48. Last statement in a program
49. Digital transmission figure of merit, abbr.
51. Allow a 2-part epoxy finish to "dry"
53. Chemical symbol for lead
54. A straight or curved continuous extent of length without breadth
55. Chemical symbol for Fe
58. BASIC looping keyword
60. Digital___, from Motorola (now Freescale)
62. Adjust a pot
66. PC follower
68. Opposite of a LO
69. Greek letter