Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2006 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Antenna structure that connects
directly to the feed line
10. Type of current flow
Special diode that can be switched
13. Chemical symbol for
14. Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor
vendor bought by Spectrum Microwave
16. Femtofarad, abbr.
18. Computer Assisted Design and Development
20. Global System
for Mobile Communications
22. Last stage in a transmitter,
23. Forward Error Correction
24. Astronomical distance
of 3.26 light years
26. A "1" or a "0"
28. Asynchronous Transfer Mode
and calculator company, abbr.
30. Chemical symbol for polonium
31. Launch a satellite, slang
32. Chemical symbol for silicon
34. World's only remaining superpower
35. 1.602E-19 Joules
37. Test Point
38. Chemical symbol for zinc
safety organization, abbr.
41. Kilocycles, abbr.
43. Chemical symbol for chromium
44. A common battery
45. Chemical symbol for tantalum
voltage of a waveform
48. Unit of energy, or mechanical work
49. Next to
50. Automatic Gain Control
52. Channel used
for earth-to-satellite communications
56. Keyboard key
57. Audio Frequency
59. Manufacturer of project boxes
61. Maker of high power attenuators in Solon, OH
symbol for radium
64. The inverse of exponentiation
Rádio Nacional de Angola, abbr.
67. Chemical symbol for nobelium
68. Base 16 numerical system
70. Chemical symbol for strontium
71. Responding to high temperatures, 2 wds.
1. Calculus operations
3. Voltage-Controlled Oscillator
Chemical symbol for erbium
5. Fremont, CA based company that
designs analog and mixed-signal silicon solutions for the worldwide
6. Semiconductor lamps
7. Millihenry, abbr.
8. High voltage resistor manufacturer
in Montreal, Quebec
9. Government vehicular accident investigation
10. Application Service Provider
11. Super glue
17. Finite-Element Model
18. Person responsible for program
19. Morse Code for "from"
21. 1/000 of
24. Positively doped silicon
25. Oscillator manufacturer
in Whippany, NJ (abbr.)
28. ___-AZIMUTH telescope mount
30. Phase Shift Keying
32. Chemical symbol for tin
A subatomic particle that carries a fractional electric charge
and is considered to be a building block of elementary particles
36. Voice of America
38. Chemical symbol for zirconium
40. Be behind in phase
43. Central Processing Unit
Computer monitor cable type, abbr.
48. Last statement in
49. Digital transmission figure of merit, abbr.
51. Allow a 2-part epoxy finish to "dry"
53. Chemical symbol
54. A straight or curved continuous extent of length
55. Chemical symbol for Fe
58. BASIC looping
60. Digital___, from Motorola (now Freescale)
62. Adjust a pot
66. PC follower
68. Opposite of a LO
69. Greek letter