11/13/2006 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2006 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Time taken for half
the atoms of a radioactive sample to decay
7. Grind to a
10. Official engineering change document, abbr.
11. 10^1 numerical prefix
13. Electromagnetic interference,
14. PC follower
15. Min-to-max voltage of a waveform,
19. Graphics file type, pl.
22. Miniature threaded RF connector
symbol for magnesium
26. Army-Navy spec., abbr.
symbol for cobalt
28. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
29. Switch position
31. Ham abbreviation for "distant station"
33. Component of product cost, abbr.
34. Isolator, oscillator
vendor in Tampa, FL
36. European spectrum allocation agency,
39. Miniature RF connector
41. One component of
a complex number, abbr.
43. Logarithmic ratio, abbr.
Chemical symbol for selenium
45. One port of an amplifier
46. Chemical symbol for silicon
48. 300 Hz to 3 kHz
RF connector type
51. Specialty connector manufacturer, in
North Andover, MA
53. Quickly changing portion of waveform
56. Property of matter by which it continues in its state of
rest or uniform motion in a straight line, unless acted upon
by an external force
59. Chemical symbol for calcium
Chemical symbol for lawrencium
61. Voice of America
Microwave products supplier in San Jose, CA
64. Greek letter
65. Last statement in a program
66. Using electricity
1. Adhesive type that sticks
when its temperature is elevated
2. Logic family
4. Opposite of O.D.
5. Forward Error Correction
6. Official engineering change document, abbr., pl.
altitude earth orbit satellite, abbr.
8. Stock symbol for
Advanced Micro Devices
9. Effect which causes a voltage between
the faces of a crystal under mechanical pressure
15. Related to FM by a differential
version of pk-pk
18. Stock symbol for Raytheon
symbol for Boeing
20. Surface mount, abbr.
23. 1E6 nanoseconds
25. Chemical symbol for gadolinium
27. Chemical symbol for
29. Logic gate
30. 1e-6 mA
32. Chemical symbol
33. Chemical symbol for nickel
symbol for terbium
35. Chemical symbol for krypton
Time delay, abbr.
38. Chemical symbol for antimony
Chemical symbol for manganese
42. 1.602E-19 Joules
Chemical symbol for tin
46. Special diode that can be switched
47. Greek letter
49. Chemical symbol for iron
51. Have a positive phase wrt a reference
52. International phonetic alphabet letter "M"
54. Type of
55. Chemical symbol for gallium
57. Negation prefix
58. Online service, abbr.
60. Family of TTL logic
Chemical symbol for neon
64. Chemical symbol for praseodymium