10/5/2006 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2006 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. A Ham's hobby
8. Logic gate
9. Transformer interwinding
11. One plate in a Li-Ion cell
Per Inch, abbr.
17. Test equipment manufacturer
in which Canopus is located
20. Molecular building blocks
22. Opposite of I.D.
23. Roman numerals for eleven
A subatomic particle having a mass between that of an electron
and a proton
26. Radio Amateurs of Canada, abbr.
mixer, upconverter, downconverter manufacturer in Hauppauge,
30. Unix, Linux or Windows
31. Symbol for tin
33. Chemical symbol for arsenic
37. Component of product cost, abbr.
38. Has units
40. 30 Hz to 300 Hz
42. Incandescent bulbs,
LEDs, fluorescent bulbs, etc.
44. Semiconductor and calculator
46. European equivalent to the U.L.
49. Attenuator topology
51. Type of current
52. A compiler
53. 3x frequency multiplier
55. An archaic unit
57. Audio Frequency, abbr.
58. The degree of
magnetization of a material in response to a magnetic field
2. Online service
3. Twinax + one
Transfer Mode, abbr.
5. 10^1 numerical prefix
7. Electron flow from a glowing cathode to an anode in an evacuated
glass bulb, 2 wds.
10. Zero ohms
12. Adjusts a potentiometer
13. Chemical symbol for mercury
14. Galilean moon
Instrument control panel
16. 24 hrs minus AM
18. A BlackBerry,
for example, abbr.
20. Chemical symbol for arsenic
Implement for doing work
24. Akin to an EE, CE, AE, etc.
25. Having the same magnitude
27. International phonetic
alphabet letter "C"
29. Indium Gallium Phosphor chemical
34. Barrier between two physical entities
brass, copper, or steel, for example
39. Small unit of time
41. Laptop computer display type, abbr.
43. 1E6 ns
48. Unix, Linux or Windows
49. Time Interval,
50. Min-to-max voltage of a waveform, abbr.
Time Division Multiplexing, abbr.
54. Radio Frequency Interference,
55. One component of a complex number, abbr.
Reproduction of this puzzle without the
express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
|More than 8,000 searchable pages indexed.
Your RF Cafe
Progenitor & Webmaster
Blattenberger ... single-handedly redefining what an engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Airplanes and Rockets:
My daughter Sally's
horse riding website