10/30/2006 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
signal onto which information is modulated, pl.
8. A BPF
10. RF engineer's degree
11. The first popular spreadsheet
application, with 123
13. Stock symbol for Advanced Micro
14. Surge protector vendor in Miami, FL
symbol for radon
16. Exponent that returns the original number
17. Related to FM by a differential
18. Logic gate
Programmable Logic Device
20. Chemical symbol for cadmium
21. Unit of admittance
22. Chemical symbol for radium
23. 1/366th of a leap year
24. Same as 21 Down
28. End Of Transmission
29. Defense contractor in Ft. Wayne, IN
31. Test equipment
manufacturer (now Agilent)
33. System On Chip
36. High-speed logic family
Code for "from"
39. Silicon transistor type
symbol for krypton
41. Antenna gain unit, abbr.
43. Unit of time, abbr.
44. 3-phase transformer
45. Type of flip-flop
46. Along with rods,
makes up the retina
48. A conductor in a connector
Short for modulator/demodulator
50. RF passive device manufacturer
in Bay Shore, NY
51. Chemical symbol for neon
of the root of "compander"
1. 4 GHz
to 8 GHz
2. Mechanical engineering group, abbr.
voltage lead color
4. One component of a complex number,
5. Voltage-current phase mnemonic
6. The spinning
part of a motor, pl.
7. Units of solid angles
9. Ham term
for the local Ham Radio Dealer, 2 wds.
12. Electrical safety
14. Logic family
15. RF computer network
16. Geometrical name for a three dimensional solid having eight
17. Semiconductor that reacts to light
Chemical symbol for palladium
21. Plural of 21 Down
Akin to an EE, CE or AE
26. Web page language, abbr.
32. Substrate for mounting components, pl.
Thin-film hybrid and discrete microwave and millimeter-wave
components vendor in Sunnyvale, CA
35. Parallel processing
computer brain, pl.
37. Chemical symbol for lithium
A type of high temperature insulation
44. Electrical conductor
46. Chemical symbol for cobalt
47. Electromagnetic Pulse
50. Army-Navy spec.
Reproduction of this puzzle without the
express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.