Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2006 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. CW signal onto which information is modulated, pl.
8. A BPF spec.
10. RF engineer's degree
11. The first popular spreadsheet application, with 123
symbol for Advanced Micro Devices
14. Surge protector vendor in Miami, FL
15. Chemical symbol for radon
16. Exponent that returns the original number
17. Related to FM by a differential
18. Logic gate
Programmable Logic Device
20. Chemical symbol for cadmium
21. Unit of admittance
22. Chemical symbol
23. 1/366th of a leap year
24. Same as 21 Down
25. Synchronous Digital Hierarchy
28. End Of Transmission
29. Defense contractor in Ft. Wayne, IN
31. Test equipment manufacturer (now Agilent)
33. System On Chip
35. Cable television, abbr.
36. High-speed logic family
38. Morse Code for "from"
39. Silicon transistor type
40. Chemical symbol for krypton
41. Antenna gain unit, abbr.
43. Unit of time, abbr.
44. 3-phase transformer configuration
45. Type of flip-flop
with rods, makes up the retina
48. A conductor in a connector
49. Short for modulator/demodulator
RF passive device manufacturer in Bay Shore, NY
51. Chemical symbol for neon
52. Half of the root of "compander"
1. 4 GHz to 8 GHz
2. Mechanical engineering group, abbr.
3. Positive voltage lead color
4. One component of a complex number, abbr.
5. Voltage-current phase mnemonic
6. The spinning part of a motor, pl.
7. Units of solid angles
9. Ham term for the local Ham Radio Dealer,
12. Electrical safety organization, abbr.
14. Logic family
15. RF computer network
name for a three dimensional solid having eight plane faces
17. Semiconductor that reacts to light
symbol for palladium
21. Plural of 21 Down
24. Akin to an EE, CE or AE
26. Web page language, abbr.
30. Boob tube
32. Substrate for mounting components, pl.
34. Thin-film hybrid and discrete microwave and
millimeter-wave components vendor in Sunnyvale, CA
35. Parallel processing computer brain, pl.
symbol for lithium
40. A type of high temperature insulation
44. Electrical conductor
46. Chemical symbol
47. Electromagnetic Pulse
50. Army-Navy spec.
Reproduction of this puzzle without
the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.