to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities
are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring
in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
list of job openings here.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Sr. RF Design Engineer Position
Job Tracking ID: 512437-516096
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Years of Experience: 7 - 10 Years
Job Location: Boulder, CO
Level of Education: BA/BS
Date Updated: January 04, 2016
Starting Date: ASAP
We are looking for a
Senior Level RF Design Engineer.
The ideal candidate will have experience designing and developing data radios from concept through production-ready
on multiple products using a mix of discrete RF components and integrated circuits. The ideal candidate
will also have a strong understanding of radio system design and have a deep understanding of the tradeoffs
at both the design and system level to achieve a product that meets specifications. Candidate will have
proven design experience in: receivers, transmitters, synthesizers, VCO's, lumped element filters, and
power conditioning circuits – and have a deep understanding of the tradeoffs within each subsystem with
respect to overall radio system performance, power efficiency, cost, and schedule. Next, the ideal candidate
must have experience designing with manufacturability in mind, and have experience ramping products
in production at the end of the R&D cycle.
We are looking for a high-performance design leader who values information-sharing between peers
and enjoys teaching and mentoring others in a positive/respectful environment.
Work should be performed at the FreeWave Technologies
location in Boulder, CO unless otherwise specified by functional management
Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design multiple radio products from concept through production-ready
- Perform radio system level cascade analysis, ADS system simulations, power budget analysis, and
- Design or integrate receiver technology which includes RF filtering, LNA, image filtering, mixer
integration, IF filtering, IF amplifiers, IF IC integration: pin diode switching
- Design or integrate transmitter technology, which includes power amplifiers (up to 5W), gain stages,
TR switches, and filtering
- Develop synthesizer technology such as synthesizer IC integration, discrete VCO, loop filter, and
PLL simulation and design.
- Design for GFSK, QPSK, and QAM systems
- Create and run simulations in one of the core commercial RF simulators (ADS preferred), EM simulation
- Write RFQ’s for components and testing / analyzing component samples
- Serve as a technical resource internally and externally, with a strong comprehension of the importance
- Must be a US Person in accordance with United States immigration laws to be considered for this
Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated history of designing multiple radio products from concept through production-ready
- Radio System Level Experience: cascade analysis, ADS system simulations, power budget analysis,
and reliability analysis
- Receiver technology, which includes the design or integration of: RF filtering: LNA; image filtering;
mixer integration; IF filtering; IF amplifiers; IF IC integration: pin diode switching
- Transmitter technology, which includes the design or integration of: power amplifiers (up to 5W),
gain stages, TR switches, and filtering
- Synthesizer technology: synthesizer IC integration, discrete VCO, loop filter, and PLL simulation
- Simulation experience in one of the core commercial RF simulators (ADS preferred) EM simulation
- Experience writing RFQ’s for components and testing / analyzing component samples
- Ability to act as a technical resource internally and externally, with a strong comprehension of
- Competent in operating: spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, modulation domain analyzer, oscilloscope,
noise figure meter, DMM, LCR Meter, and soldering down to 0402 level components
- A great team player / leader who has the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
to the company
- Management experience is a plus
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Direct experience designing for GFSK, QPSK, and QAM systems
- Master in system-level design work as well as RF design
- BSEE required, with 8+ years of experience in radio design and/or equivalent combination of related
education and experience
- MSEE preferred, with 8+ years of experience in radio design and/or equivalent combination of related
education and experience
Looking to work for a company that will spark your innovation, fuel your professional growth,
and offer unlimited future potential?
FreeWave Technologies is in one of the most exciting chapters of our 22-year history, and we're looking
for exceptional, like-minded professionals to join our team and grow with us. We're poised to expand
from a M2M communications leader into an IIoT networking powerhouse, with many new products on the horizon
and partnerships with organizations like Oracle and Aruba that will drive us to the next level.
Here are a few things about us, and why we're a great fit for your career:
- 20+ years of industry leadership and solid track record with an exciting start-up vibe
- A proven leader in the exploding Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) space
- Laser focus on exceptional service delivery to our 1000s of long-term customers
- New, seasoned executive team with a Silicon Valley energy and approach
- Clear, robust strategy for leading-edge technology growth in the IIoT market
Come join us in creating ground-breaking IIoT solutions that help further connect our world - from
sensor to server.
FreeWave Technologies, Inc. engineers and manufactures certain products that are considered ITAR-controlled
items under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).Consistent with ITAR, any position
at FreeWave that involves work with the engineering or manufacturing functions of the Company may only
be filled by a candidate who is (i) a citizen of the United States, or (ii) a person who has been accorded
the privilege of residing permanently in the United States as an immigrant in accordance with the immigration
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Teri Brown, CCP, CPC, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
FreeWave Technologies, Inc.
Parkway, Ste. 100
Boulder, CO 80301
Posted February 18, 2016