RF Application Engineer Needed by e2v
to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities
are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring
in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
list of job openings here.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
RF Application Engineer Position
January 20, 2016
e2v is looking for
an RF Applications
Engineer that will support high performance RF IC products and
Band Data Converters. This position will provide application support for RF switches, mixers, PLLs,
DSA, and prescalers in challenging environments for defense an space systems. High speed data converters
with industry leading performance will also be a key focus. The position will also require the candidate
to take the lead role in assessing and understanding Aerospace and Defense Electronics customers' system
requirements and provide guidance to the R&D teams to develop successful semiconductor products.
This position provides a unique opportunity to support current and new cutting edge technology that
supports some of our nation's fundamental defense programs. This role combines analog data converter
applications support with customer facing business development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide detailed technical support for e2v RF IC and data converter products, work closely with
Account Managers and Product Marketing Engineers (PMEs) to secure design wins.
- Provide product training and technical support to the field, both internal (account managers) and
external (customers, distributors' FAE and account managers, reps)
- Work directly with customers and becoming the interface for internal factory resources
- Interface with customers, representing e2v with experience, knowledge and authority in end customer
system needs and requirements for new IC development
- Listen, fully understand the needs of our current and prospective customers
- Taking new product ideas from concept to written definition (Datasheets and/or design specifications)
- Assessing and negotiating IC development tradeoffs with designers and customers
- Developing and executing system level verification plans
- Resolving problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
- Analyzing technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects.
- Confers with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost
effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Advises management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations,
and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations, and develops recommendations
- Develop system demonstration boards which will require detailed understanding of end system operation
- Author white papers highlighting the key differentiators and USPs (Unique Selling Points) for the
RF and BDC products and system application notes to guide customers in utilizing e2v products in Aerospace
and Defense systems. Actively contribute to e2v's thought leadership by publishing these white papers
into specialized magazines, and present them at selected world-class conferences.
- Master's degree (MSEE.) or equivalent with 8+ years of relevant industry experience with a strong
background in analog/mixed signal product development
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Working knowledge with IC development (have worked with a semiconductor supplier to define a new
product and take it to system level production)
- In-depth knowledge of a broad number of topics with expertise in data converters (ADCs, DACs), but
also ability to support analog signal conditioning, digital signal chain building blocks such as FPGA
/ DSP programming, power management and PCB layout / schematics
- Defense systems, applications and standards (US and worldwide)
- Familiarity with Military/DoD programs, systems and processes
- Direct work experience in the US defense industry and familiarity with those environments
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills to work with clients, team members,
and management staff, including both DOD civilian and contractor personnel.
Specific Skills and Competencies
- RF and data converter application experience
- Ability to sense/capture customer requirements (active listening)
- Leadership, ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Excellent verbal and technical writing communication skill
- Strong interpersonal and team work skills
- Good planning, organization and time management skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet
- Results orientation (accountability, planning for results)
- Ability to analyze, interpret and present data and facts in a synthetic manner
- US citizenship and fluency in English
- A valid US passport
- Frequent travel to customer sites within the US and internationally (30% of the time)
- An active or re-activatible DoD security clearance, or no known barriers to obtaining a first time
Our innovations lead developments in communications, automation, discovery, healthcare and the environment.
We offer: RF Power solutions for: defense electronic countermeasures, Radar systems, Stellar satellite
communications amplifiers, and missile control safety & arming devices Imaging solutions, including
CCD & CMOS sensors and cameras, for space and earth observation imaging, and machine imaging. Semiconductor
solutions for aerospace & defense, space and industrial markets requiring: lifecycle management,
hi-rel microprocessors, high-speed data converters, high-reliability ICs with lifetime continuity of
supply, manufacturing, assembly and test services.
We employ approximately 1,650 people across 10 countries in Europe, America and Asia, have annual
sales of £220m, and are listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Sr. HR Business Partner
765 Sycamore Drive
Office: +1 408 585 7153
Mobile: +1 408 234 8893
Posted January 21, 2016