Reports To: Director of Product Solutions
Status: Full-time / Exempt (Salary)
Date: July 2016
O U R CULTURE
We are a fun, hard-working, results-focused, accountable team. NuWaves is committed to investing
in the development of our dedicated people. We hold each other and ourselves accountable to achieving
outstanding results for our internal and external customers.
Applications Engineer's primary responsibility is to provide technical support to
the Product Solutions Domain. This individual would be responsible for understanding the functionality,
application, and internal circuitry of all NuWaves products. Other responsibilities include finding
innovative solutions to improve the manufacturability and maintain NuWaves' product portfolio, providing
in depth technical support to customers, and to supporting new product introductions. This role requires
an individual that is a self-starter, possesses a continuous improvement mentality, is detail-oriented,
and has technical experience related to Radio Frequency (RF) products.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and by writing – including white papers, application notes,
product datasheets, and other forms of technical writing.
- Ensure that all work is carried out and is in compliance with company design, quality and process
- Assist with reviewing and approving engineering change notices for Product Solutions.
- Coordinate and create product requirements documents.
- Lead the compilation, analysis, and delivery of product test data to internal and external customers.
- Maintain product documentation such as test procedures, marketing data sheets, user manuals, and
- Propose and manage product updates.
- Support multiple domains with product roadmap development and implementation.
- Operate within an AS9100 quality management system.
- Travel to support products, such as conferences or customer visits.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- In-depth RF industry knowledge.
- Strong communication skills and execution techniques.
- Ability to lead and direct engineers and engineering technicians in product improvement efforts
and product testing.
- Ability to lead and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Complex problem solving/analysis.
- Performance Management.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) and Adobe InDesign.
- Experience with Engineering software such as LabVIEW, AWR, Genesys or equivalent.
- Knowledge of electronic component assembly is preferred but not required.
- Experience with RF Products such as Power Amplifiers, Upconverters, Downconverters, Low Noise Amplifiers
- Experience with Aerospace and Defense electronics is preferred but not required.
Typical Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, +5 of years of related work experience.
This position requires sitting for an extended period of time, lifting no more than 15 lbs., and
frequent sitting and standing. Travel may be required approximately 10% of the time, in support of business
U.S. Citizenship is a requirement. EOE M/V/F/D
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities,
duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment
and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
About NuWaves Engineering
NuWaves Engineering is a premier supplier of
Radio Frequency (RF) and embedded systems products and solutions for DoD, non-DoD government, and industrial
customers. An RF engineering powerhouse, NuWaves offers a wide range of engineering design services
focused on wireless communications, as well as a complete line of commercially available module-level
products, such as wideband RF upconverters and downconverters, high-efficiency miniature solid state
power amplifiers, high intercept low noise amplifiers, miniature RF filters, and fiber optic RF distribution
132 Edison Drive
Middletown, OH 45044-3269
Phone: (513) 360-0800 x323
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and
sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS - See most recent list of job openings here.
Posted August 15, 2016