Reports To: Director of RF Systems or Director of Range Systems
Status: Full-time / Exempt (Salary)
Date: March 2016
O U R CULTURE
We are a fun, hard-working, results-focused, accountable team. NuWaves is committed to investing
in the development of our dedicated people. We hold each other and ourselves accountable to achieving
outstanding results for our internal and external customers.
An Advisory Engineer reports directly to the Director of RF systems or the Director of Range Systems.
The Advisory Engineer works closely with the Engineering technical teams and with Program Management
to design and document RF (Radio Frequency) Engineering designs which meet project requirements. The
Advisory Engineer applies sound RF engineering principles to the design, development, and documentation
of complex systems and products. The Advisory Engineer ensures all work carried out is in compliance
with company design, quality, and process standards.
- Make sound decisions for system approaches and tradeoffs.
- Assist in improving daily processes to ensure the Engineering Technical Team meets customer requirements.
- Lead the RF Engineering Technical Teams to be a culture in alignment with NuWaves’ Culture statement.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and by writing, to Program Managers and to the Engineering
- Lead the Bid and Proposal (B&P) process by providing engineering cost estimates, technical writing
that conveys competency, technical evaluation, engineering approaches, and detailed solutions.
- Write technical papers, white papers, status reports, and application notes that support NuWaves’
strategic and tactical plans.
- Be accountable to Program Managers in meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- Mentor junior RF engineers.
- Direct Engineering Technicians to effectively and proficiently complete project tasks.
- Work effectively with CAD engineers in capturing design details.
- Write test plans, reports, and system requirements.
- Lead the engineering teams and offer expertise in developing, implementing, and managing the overall
engineering methodology. Drive new thoughts in approach, processes and methods.
- Interact with potential new business clients to conduct project feasibility, to determine their
engineering needs, and to convey technical competency.
- Increase the overall productivity of the Engineering Services domain as evidenced by lower cost,
higher quality solutions provided on-time. Challenge the organization to strive for higher performance
- Develop customer relationships in pursuit of high-value RF engineering development projects.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Technical leadership in setting and accomplishing project tasks
- Proficient in the design of RF systems
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the design of specialized RF circuits and systems
- Broad yet expert knowledge and understanding of RF electrical circuits and systems
- Expert in the use Engineering Design Software tools (e.g. Genesys, AWR, SPICE)
- Complex problem solving/analysis
- Results-Driven Leadership
- Business Acumen
- Performance Management
- Communication Proficiency
Typical Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Technical Field, +15 years of related work experience.
This position requires sitting for an extended period of time, lifting no more than 20 lbs., and
frequent sitting and standing.
U.S. Citizenship is a requirement. EOE M/V/F/D
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities,
duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment
and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
About NuWaves Engineering
NuWaves Engineering is a premier supplier of
Radio Frequency (RF) and embedded systems products and solutions for DoD, non-DoD government, and industrial
customers. An RF engineering powerhouse, NuWaves offers a wide range of engineering design services
focused on wireless communications, as well as a complete line of commercially available module-level
products, such as wideband RF upconverters and downconverters, high-efficiency miniature solid state
power amplifiers, high intercept low noise amplifiers, miniature RF filters, and fiber optic RF distribution
132 Edison Drive
Middletown, OH 45044-3269
Phone: (513) 360-0800 x323
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and
sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS - See most recent list of job openings here.
Posted August 1, 2016