Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and
sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS - See most recent list of job openings here.
A successful wireless network requires dependable, purpose-built hardware, a solid backhaul infrastructure,
intelligent up-front design, and knowledgeable support. MasterLink® Enterprise delivers all of this, and more.
As a Communications Engineer,
you will play a key role in support, design, test and turn up, and documentation of new and existing customer wireless networks
in a mining environment. Position responsibilities will be implementation, support and monitoring of wireless communications
networks for our customers at Corporate and Regional levels. This will require you to negotiate with internal and external
resources to plan and execute your projects. International travel availability, and ability to work at high altitudes is
required. Spanish or Portuguese is a plus. Mining or military wireless experience is desired.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree (or Associates Degree/relevant military experience) with specialization in wireless networking
- 2 years of hands-on experience with industrial WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n wireless networks (at least two of the following:
designing, testing, configuring, deploying, etc.)
- 2 years' experience in design of Wi-Fi networks in large, mobile environments using Cisco, Motorola, Rajant, 3DP, and
other wireless products, or their equivalent
- Experience with RF Site Survey tools and RF link budget and propagation planning software
- Troubleshooting experience with Network Monitoring Software and ARP, DHCP, DNS, NAT, IP, UDP, TCP, SNMP and other networking
- Microwave Point-to-Point, Point-to-Multipoint configuration, turn-up and testing
- Wired and wireless packet capture and packet traffic analysis (Example: Wireshark, tcpdump, winpcap, Pilot, etc.)
- Familiar with Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Technical writing skills
- CCNA, CWNA certified is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, Excel, Visio, Word, Outlook, Power Point
Day to Day Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directly assists the Senior Communications Engineer in project design, rollout and integration for new and existing
products and systems
- Works independently and in direct support roles to regional Communications Engineers and Account Managers as directed
- Generate report detailing survey methodology, mine plan, potential sources of interference, access point locations,
hardware selection, and channelization recommendations
- Implement testing plan to test third party networks
- Maintain a list of wireless networks used by each customer in the regions
- Planning and installing Modular Mining and third party wireless network systems at client sites
- Review and analyze customer wireless communication data periodically
- Perform site surveys, audits, and evaluations of customer sites
- Train Regional Communications Engineers and support personnel on Modular and 3rd party products
- Provide technical response to customer and internal questions relating to technical issues with the products
- Create and compile monthly network reports to satisfy Customer Care Agreement support
- Continuous training and certification requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree (or Associates Degree/ relevant military experience) with specialization in wireless networking
- 2 years’ experience implementing networks in the field
- 2 years’ experience in design of Wi-Fi networks in large, mobile environments (using Motorola, Rajant, 3DP, Cisco wireless
products, or equivalent
- 1 year experience using Network diagnostic tools (e.g., Sniffer,EKAHAU)
- Able to lift at least 40lbs.
- Proficient in writing detail technical reports
- Ability to travel 50% or more both domestically and internationally.
- Dominion of the Spanish language is a strong plus.
- Experience in the mining industry a plus
Working at Modular Mining Systems
Modular produces top-quality solutions because we employ top-quality people. Do you want to work for a global industry
leader in an innovative, high-tech environment? This is your chance!
Modular Mining Systems, Inc. is the world leader in design, manufacture, installation, and servicing of real-time mine
management solutions. Continuously expanding our high-tech product lines, we create some of the most sophisticated, cutting-edge
applications in the mining industry.
Modular offers a full line of products and software to meet the needs of open pit, underground, and rail operations.
Our products range from fully automated, total mine management and control systems using the latest high-precision global
positioning systems for surface applications, to proven mining cycle control, monitoring and identification systems for
Recruiter - Global HR
Modular Mining Systems Inc.
3289 E. Hemisphere Loop
Office: (520) 806-3268 |
Mobile: (520) 909-4681
Posted May 12, 2016