Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and
sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS - See most recent list of job openings here.
RF Calibration Technician – San Jose, CA
April 8, 2016
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation
innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it's the insights of our innovators
today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is seeking a
Technician to join our Quality Assurance team.
This position is in San Jose, CA and relocation assistance is not available.
- Test, calibrate, and repair of test and measuring equipment, electrical and mechanical, to conform to established standards.
Plans sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment according to drawings, schematics, technical
manuals, and other specifications.
- Set up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test
- Identify and correct measurement errors, as applicable; prepare calibration reports and certificates.
- Disassemble instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspects components for defects.
- Measures parts for conformity with specifications, using precision mechanical and electrical test instruments.
- Work from assigned schedules, track work progress, complete documentation and database entries.
- Assist in removal of test equipment from test racks, documenting connections and reassembling test equipment when calibration
- Assist with troubleshooting of equipment.
- Develop, document and maintain calibration systems and procedures, based on principles of measurement science, technical
analysis of measurement problems and accuracy and precision requirements.
- Tracks movement of Government property in the facility and assist with locating customer assets during inventory. Provides
reports to customers on a periodic basis and works with accounting to assure customer property is accounted for.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum Associate's degree in Electronic Technology or technical trade school/certificate education equivalent.
- Minimum three year of calibration experience which can be offset by formal metrology training or three years of RF/Microwave
- Must be able to perform general math and algebra functions.
- Knowledge of quality standards for test and measuring equipment.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Basic computer skills and proficient in use of MS Word and Excel.
- Familiar with computer programming for instrument control helpful.
- Strong attention to details.
- Must work well with a team and be able to work independently with a minimum of oversight from supervisor, be able to
follow written procedures.
- Ability to lift and move heavy electronic equipment.
- US Citizenship required along with the ability to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance.
We provide critical solutions on land, at sea, and in the air and space, by moving data through off-the-shelf and customised
products including RF, microwave, and high reliability microelectronics, antenna subsystems and motion control solutions.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions
Apply at: https://caes-mes.hiringthing.com/job/28319/rf-calibration-technician-san-jose-ca
Posted April 10, 2016