Sr. RF Design Engineer
May 13, 2015
RF Design Engineer, under minimal supervision, will be responsible for the design, implementation, and optimization of wireless designs
in hearing aids and hearing aid accessories. S/He must possess technical expertise, effective communication skills, creativity, and internal
drive to lead the creation of designs that are recognized as best-in-class in the hearing aid industry. S/He must have the ability to work
both independently and in a group environment. The Senior RF Design Engineer must be able to work well in a cross-functional team environment
and provide leadership and clarity for wireless system architecture and design issues and have a passion for continuous improvement.
- State-of-the-art wireless hardware testing and design resources
- Fast paced collaborative environment with critical deliverables
- Exposure to cutting edge technology and products
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide technical input to product specification and requirement generation for wireless products
- Participate in and contribute to product specification and requirement generation with product management
and systems engineering.
- Coordinate and attend meetings to determine the correct specification for wireless performance and compliance.
- Drive documentation of wireless specification and compliance.
- Lead the design of wireless features for products through the product development process.
- RF design, implementation, and release of wireless products
- Design and implement wireless system feature requests.
- Participate in DFMEA and risk assessment and risk mitigation for product development.
- Update design rules and guidelines for schematic, layout, and mechanical design.
- Wireless technology research and development for hearing aids, hearing aid accessories and wireless applications.
- Stay current on ultra-low-power radio and protocols research and product introductions.
- Stay current on miniature and novel antenna design techniques.
- Identify patentable IP and write patent disclosures.
- Drive testing and troubleshooting of product to characterize the unit and system level RF performance
- Generate test plans and procedures to characterize the unit and system level RF performance.
- Work with Wireless Test Engineering Supervisor to coordinate product testing and report generation.
- Analyze report and track/troubleshoot RF performance bugs.
- Review internal and external wireless and system level specifications and determines compliance to specifications.
- A proactive approach towards problems and projects in addition to creativity and latitude is expected.
- Drive continuous improvement in product and process
- Identify and implement improvements in the product development process that could be streamlined.
- Pursue test automation where appropriate.
- Support transfer of products into manufacturing
- Seek input for DFMA from Quality, Manufacturing, and Apps during product design.
- Support manufacturing and quality activities for ramp-up of wireless products.
- Attend production improvement meetings to support cost reduction and quality improvement.
- Mentor and provide work direction to junior engineers and technicians.
- Meet with junior engineers and technician regularly to provide work direction.
- Meet with the junior engineers periodically to provide guidance on projects and tasks.
What You Will Need
- Expertise in RF hardware design concepts, practices, and procedures required.
- Expertise with communications systems and protocol stacks required.
- Expertise in short range wireless systems (e.g. Bluetooth, 802.11, UWB, IrDA, Spread-Spectrum) highly desired.
- Experience with ultra-low-power wireless circuit design, and antenna design highly desired.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Proficiency with RF circuit simulation tools (Ansoft Designer, Agilent Genesys) desired.
- Proficiency with antenna simulation tools (Ansoft HFSS) desired.
- Familiar with FCC, ETSI and other wireless regulatory standards desired.
- Familiarity with high volume production desired.
- Proficient in using the following equipment: oscilloscope, signal generator, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer required.
- Data statistical analysis and statistical process control (Excel, Matlab, others.) desired.
- Excellent computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office tools required.
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Capable of performing with minimal supervision required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to adapt positively to a changing environment.
Benefits of Employment
We offer our full time associates a full benefits package that includes a generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) plan, Profit Sharing, 401(k), Employee
Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Health and Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability and Flexible Spending. What's more, we're committed
to helping our associates attain their full potential through in-house and on-the-job training, and tuition reimbursement.
Here is a link to apply to the
Sr. RF Design
Engineer posting on our website as well.
About Starkey Hearing Technologies
Starkey Hearing Technologies is much more than the hearing aids
we produce. We are in the business of connecting people and changing lives. We believe being able to hear the world and the people around
us is as essential to the human experience as breathing.
As a world leader in manufacturing and delivering advanced hearing solutions, our goal is to bring people together and make lives richer
by empowering individuals to reach their full potential in life.
Starkey Hearing Technologies
6425 Flying Cloud Dr.
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
map | email
to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities
are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring
in your company, please contact me AFTER reading the
list of job openings here.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Posted October 7, 2015